pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Over the Thanksgiving holiday I purchased some acros at an lfs. Me being and idiot went home and didn't dip them. This past Wednesday I noticed one of them was not looking good. So I pulled out my LED flash light, turned off the lights, and started inspecting. I was really upset to have found, red reef bugs.

Does anyone here know where I can get "Interceptor pills for large dogs" ? If you do, please lmk.

Last edited:

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I know there is a vet on the nj reefers forum that mails interceptor out to us reefers I just don't remember his info

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
OMG PAULI HAS ACRO STDs!!!! lol damn dude how this gets taken care of soon!

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
dame kid i told u too acclimate em stop being lazy now i gotta go over with acouple of buckets and grab up ur corals and inverts jus to make sure nothing happens to them while u treat your tank

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
415   0   0
dame kid i told u too acclimate em stop being lazy now i gotta go over with acouple of buckets and grab up ur corals and inverts jus to make sure nothing happens to them while u treat your tank
ill help. lol

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
hey paulie now u really gonna b nicknamed CK crustacian killer aka coral killah throw that interceptor in there and clean that tank up bro goodluck

chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Dipping em wouldn't have helped if he didn't have interceptors to begin with. All those coral dips dont kill red bugs. Can't blame Pauli's negligence this time, lol. GL tho, red bugs are the easiest to get rid of from what I've read.

OzoneParkGuy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Dipping em wouldn't have helped if he didn't have interceptors to begin with. All those coral dips dont kill red bugs. Can't blame Pauli's negligence this time, lol. GL tho, red bugs are the easiest to get rid of from what I've read.

Beg to differ... however now is not the time nor place.

Paulie, you'll be fine! Your idea of keeping details will benefit all who have sps and who might one day encounter this issue. Could be a sticky if done right! Take pics aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I know there is a vet on the nj reefers forum that mails interceptor out to us reefers I just don't remember his info

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs
Thanks for the recommendation.
Let me say that Dr. Jim over at newjerseyreefsclub is ahead of his game. You can purchase the pills trough him with the use of a consent form pdf'd via email. Fill out the form and mail it in with a payment. Five days later, you will have the "Interceptor" at you door. This form aslo provides you with links to all the information necessary to start your treamtment and even prevent future outbreaks of red reef begs.

Last edited:

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Tomorrow morning, berfore I head out to work, I'm going to start the first stage of my treatment of red reef bugs.
Dosage is 0.025 mg of actuall "Interceptor for dogs 51-100lbs pill" per 10 gallons of water. I have a total of 150 gallons of water in my system, so it comes out to 0.375 per dose.
After 6hrs I'm preforming a 25% water change and also replacing my carbon. 24hrs after, preforming another water and carbon change.
Treatment must be preformed three times to insure its effectiveness.

Once again here's the link where I obtained all info on the treatment of red reef bugs.
http://www.reefs.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=439155

Last edited:

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Ok, just finished my water change and carbon replacement.
Been looking for them little buggers for about an hour now, but I can't find any. :biggrin:
What's even more amazing, my Cleaner Shrimp survived and it aslo looks like my Hermits did too (they are still in motion, but seems like they're ok).
Tomorrow, I'm going to do another water change and carbon replacement.

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Completly done with the first phase of the treatment. Still no sightings of bugs, but it seems like I lost my coco worm and very few hermits. Doser is back on and so is my phos reactor. Also put back filter sock.
Wensday I'll start the secound phase of the treatment.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: