thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Well it has been a while since I broke down my 172 gal oceanic. But a friend of mine is setting up a new tank and I got the "itch" So I will be getting a 28 gal JBJ LED Cube. I will be setting up as small reef. I cant wait!

I was looking at multiple different nanos, but i decided on the JBJ because of the LED hood. I really don't want to worry about the heat of the hqi's. My last tank had 3 250W lights! They put off soooo much heat and were very expensive. I love the hobby and would rather spend the money on animals vs bulbs and electric.

I know that going from a full 172 setup with huge sump and such down to a nano might even be harder since have to watch it much more closely. So if anyone can throw any recommendations to me. I will have the pro version of the tank so I should be able to do some nice corals. I WILL get the tank set and get a Mandarin. I had one in my 172 for years and actually sold it when I broke it down. It is my favorite fish!

I will post some pictures as I get the tank set up! I just wanted to say hello to everyone again!!!

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
Nice welcome back I have a jbj mh and a 29biocube but lookin to upgrade someday to a 120 the jbj is a nice setup in which I hope to join you with the led canopy soon also good luck with setup

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Well it has been a while since I broke down my 172 gal oceanic. But a friend of mine is setting up a new tank and I got the "itch"
LMAO... I thought I was the only one who used that word for wanting something baddly.
So I will be getting a 28 gal JBJ LED Cube. I will be setting up as small reef. I cant wait!
Good luck with everything and I think I hear a new tank thread about to start.:party:

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Well here is my first real tank shot.

I just put in my rock yesterday. I think its about 30 lbs. Now just waiting for cycle.

Pic is from my camera phone.. So not the best. But for now good enough, not much to show. When I actually have "stuff" to photograph I will use my dSLR.

07/02/2011
2011-07-02101519.jpg

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
nice rock placement.. u off to a good start.. jus one word of advise.. get the 2 little fish algae magnet for nanos.. its tiny/thin.. it will get between the two side with no problem. the mag float will not get into the sides and u will have algae stains on glass..

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
here is my jbj 28gal

Nice.

I cant wait to get mine stocked... I am going on Vacation for a week in August, so i may put off putting any fish in the tank. I will prob go with a clean up crew, and a few polyps maybe just to give some color. Then when I get back, I want to start with an pair of clowns and an anemone....

Any recommendations on anemone???

dubcity03

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
i I am going to add more live rock maybe another 10-15lbs then stock it with all softies ps if ur moonlights burnout lmk i have brand new packs ill do 2 packs for 15

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Well Tank is up and running, quite nicely now. Since taking photos is a pain in the butt, I figured a short video would be better!

Let me know what you think. I still need to arrange the corals a little better, but this is a start

Click The image below to see the video

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Here are some shots of just some corals. I am gonna take some more later under LED's. I just ordered an MP10 to help get some more flow. I am having a couple of spots that I am getting Cyno, without a doubt it is a flow problem.

IMG_8635.jpg

IMG_8634.jpg

IMG_8633.jpg

IMG_8632.jpg

IMG_8623.jpg

IMG_8622.jpg

IMG_8610.jpg

IMG_8590.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: