Ninja

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^Yeah, I lifted the rock and added more sand around and over the base.

Added a few beginner frags 2 days ago- so far so good. I have them on a egg crate because Im not sure exactly where to place them and I want to be sure that they would be ok in there. I have 5 emerald crabs and one emerald crab is quite interested in the frags. I caught him on the rainbow a few times and he had his claws on the base. Not sure if this is normal or he might be destructive. A few pics:
IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

Ninja

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks- I'll always remember the day I was building the stand. I didn't have any proper tools and was glad after I finished sanding. Now I'm thinking about adding only a few fish that I really like and a bunch of corals.

Ninja

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im surprised that my LEDs are staying very cool while being turned of for the whole day. I don't even have small fans installed on the fixture. I really do think that if you have a spacious LED design and appropriate distance on a heat sink then the chances of overheating decrease.

Things are looking good in the tank and the water is very clear. The zoos I added are looking healthy and I finally glued some to the LR. I started changing the filter socks every 3 days. The skimmer is also looking better and is still pulling out gunk daily.

I am thinking about hooking up my Carbon and GFO. I think Im ready to start testing for other levels. Here are a few pics of my small additions.
BlueGreenTorch-FnF.jpg

Torch-FrickNFrack.jpg

Torch1-Frick.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: