scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
mods if i posted in the wrong spot please move. wingoagency asked i put up some pics of my tanks. most of them have been re-aquascaped or are in the transition to reef. here goes> this was the 40br which is now being turned into a reef.
went from this:

fb6be080.jpg

to this:
DSCN0246.jpg

to this:
DSCN0432.jpg

Last edited:

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
nice frontosa mine is a hybrid between two species. it killed a smaller one i bought to keep it company.

as for the rocks, i wanted a diy background. not wanting to go w/ styrofoam and then applying layers of cement and coloring it in i went w/ reall rocks. i took three pieces of acrylic that would cover my back wall and double sided taped a black bg to the acrylic. i then drilled holes through the acrylic and the rocks and held them w/ those plastic expansions you use for screws and some epoxy. i added more rocks so they don't look like they are just floating anymore.

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
well my 40br is on hold(only has LS). i plan to move soon so i don't want to keep stocking. everything is in the 30g which will be the sump for the 40br. the 55g still has FW inhabitants so as soon as i get rid of my FW fishes and get the new apt the ball will start rolling. hopefully in 2-3 months.

i would love to make the 155g bow a reef but that would be way over my budget.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: