NewfiDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank finnished cycling a couple weeks ago.
CUC added.
Pair of black ocellaris added.
Pair of green chromis.
Some polyps.
Tourch coral.
Orange tail dottyback.
Some mushrooms.
2 BRS reactors 1 running carbon, the other nothing yet GFO later.
Hydor wavemaker.
Some wire managment.
Rio led light in fuge.

100_0638.jpg

100_0639.jpg

100_0642.jpg

100_0643.jpg

100_0644.jpg

100_0648.jpg

100_0640.jpg

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Oh my Lord, that is such a nice plumbing job~~ Everything looks so very neat & clean!! Way to go!!!! You should come, and redo the plumbing on mine.lol

Nice rock work to. What kind of substrate is that?

Most importantly~~ Where are the updates?:)

NewfiDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank i had built its 42*21*30.

The substrate was caribsea Indo-pacific black. Which i really liked but then i added a bag of Hawiian black on top which is very course and all the black comes to the top so i removed most of it and but it in the fuge, now im removing a little at a time till it gets back to the way it was.

Thank you.

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I saw in another post of yours that you've been using zeovit additives. Of the additives, which are you using? I haven't really done any research on them, but I'm a bit of a zoa freak and when you mentioned yours have started multiplying like crazy that sparked my interest.

Can you tell me a bit more about your routine? Any valuable research you learned?

NewfiDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pohl's Extra
B balance
K Balance
ZEO SPUR-2
Coral Vitalizer

One of my zoas had about 15 when i bought it it did multiply somewhat before the additives i have for about 8 months i guess but now it really took off and has to have about 80-100. Another one had 4 on it never really did much it now is at least 25, and there are others all doing the same, my SPS had a nice improvement in color.
If i was to start again i would do the whole zeo system.

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I love zeo but I won't use the spur or spur2 they make the corals too light. So i dropped the spur2 from my routine.
An only use the spur once a week at half the dose.
But I use the zeobak, start3, vitalizer, B-balance, Xtra and amino acids regularly and i have the best growth and color ever. I can cut frags and put them on a disk within a week they will have started a base. I also noticed a difference when I went from my old salt to ESV. I think zeo and esv are the winning combo.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
In one of my tanks i run 1.5l reactor with .8L zeolites. And 1L of carbon in a reactor. On the other tank I do not use the zeolites and use carbon and gfo. I will be switching to the zeolites in that tank soon. It works so much better when done properly. And it really doesn't take as much time or effort that people make zeo out to be. I love the method. It takes me 5-10 min a day to do all my dosing including my 2 part and feeding. Then on Sundays I do abt a 10-15% water change on my tanks. Abt 35 gallons total. Takes another 20 min. I make the water on Thursday mix the salt Friday add the 2 part Saturday and do WC Sunday. Break it down into smaller jobs and spread it out is the easiest way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: