NewfiDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i finally have made some progress. Got the tank in place, sump, sump plumbed, ran 2 15 amp circuits, installed RODI, and yesterday filled it with water. Tomorrow i will add salt and order rock.

000_0056.jpg

000_0053.jpg

000_0058.jpg

000_0059.jpg

000_0061.jpg

000_0062.jpg

Its a little hard to see things are tight underneath to take pics.

NewfiDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got 45 lbs of rock on tue. from that pet place. Very happy like the shapes and sizes.
Got 70 lbs dry rock from BRS not happy at all didnt like the size and shapes. So i took a lump hammer to most of it(let off some steam) to make it smaller. When they split there seemed to stuff inside that was wet the rock i thought it was dry, im now thinking it may have been decaying. The room stinks and the tank smells a little so i decided to turn on the skimmer it went crazy ive cleaned several times. I did rinse all the rock in salt water before i put it in. I hope its ok. The tank has begone to cycle i put a peice of shrimp in on tues.

Im not totally happy the way the rock looks but its gonna stay that way for a while. At some point i will most likley replace some of the rock from BRS. Im not saying dont buy rock from BRS i know others have been happy with it here, thats how i got the idea just my experience.

Ill post pic tommorow im in the catskills now.

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Forest Gump said, "life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get". Same thing with liverock ordering on the internet. Lmao...
I thought you can actually pick from three sizes of Dry Rock ?
I get most of my supplies from BRS, and I'm completely satisfied with them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: