sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Some new additions..

Here is an update on the live stock. Here are some new additions that are currently in my QT.

First up is my new favorite, the Mustard Tang (Acanthurus guttatus). He never stays still. He eats like a pig and holds up to the purple tang nicely.
Very active fish.

DSC_0239.jpg

Next is another beautiful tang I recently acquired, the Fowleri tang (Acanthurus fowleri). It is a little shy but when out in the open, has amazing colors. It was hard to get a good pic of this beauty.

DSC_0254.jpg

Labout's Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus laboutei)

DSC_0249.jpg

Red Velvet Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus rubrisquamis)

DSC_0246.jpg

Magnificent Foxface

DSC_0230.jpg

sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Sunny
Hey there from the west coast!
I have a 3 year old 10" fowleri and currently a magnifica (over a year). Fantastic fish, both of them. But the gutattus...always wanted 1. I hope they are frequently fed a well fortified diet.

Hello Ken

It is great to know that there is someone who has the fowleri for 3 years :)
What do you feed him? Mine eats nori but prefers frozen food.

I know, weird ...

I feed the following foods
SFBB Emerald entre, omega brine, sprulina brine,
H2O life mini mysis, sprulina mix
PE mysis
All frozen food is fortified with brightwell vitamarin C, vitamarin M, omega/hufa, and garlic
AND to that spectrum Thera A, flakes
And ocean nutrition formula 1 and 2 flakes and pellets

I manually feed frozen foods each evening.
Eheim auto feeder feeds pellet mix 4 time a day

Lots of food in, regular hefty water changes out.

The fowleri swims with 2 virgate rabbits, magnifica rabbit, doliatus rabbit, emperor angel, chrysurus angel, bariene tang, tomeniensis tang, wrasses, clowns... All in a 300 tank with 100gal reef and 100gal sump.

sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Some New Additions

I have had them for about 2 weeks now but wanted to make sure everyone is eating before posting..

Some of you who came for the red cap frags have seen them in person

Here you go ..

First up is a pair of Bimac Anthias. I have never seen a more beautiful anthias pair so far .

Bimac male

DSC_0296.jpg

DSC_0295.jpg

Bimac Female

DSC_0303.jpg

Male Lineatus Wrasse

DSC_0300.jpg

Hawaiian Flame Wrasse - Female

DSC_0292.jpg

Powder Blue

DSC_0290.jpg

And last, but not the least - Achilles Tang ..

DSC_0288.jpg

So far everyone is eating well. Keeping my fingers crossed for these beautiful specimens.

Enjoy!

Sunny

turbotone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im tagging along bc this tank is something to look up to.. amazing... wish my floor could hold the weight... im new to this hobby ( a year in june) still learning so much... want to do another tank (150g) right the first time from scratch... glad to see someone pro l.e.d. and showing how the lights are working out for them with hard corals and not just soft....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: