sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Here is my new favorite in the tank :-

Red Sea Regal Angel - Courtesy to Pieces of the ocean.

DSC_0044_zps8cc676d4.jpg

Sunny

cono

Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
All I can say is that that's a coral addicts dream ....colors are AMAZING the growth on everything since the last time I was there is INCREDIBLE.... LETS PUT IT THIS WAY MY MOUTH AND MY ADDICTION JUST got amplified into a full blow withdrawal when I look at my tank

sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Hello Everyone

Let me start by thanking everyone who reached out to me via PMs and text messages to check on my well being and more importantly the health of the tanks :D. I replied to some and I apologize if I could not reply to all.

I have been sidelined by a back injury for about 8 weeks and am just about getting back to full recovery. The tank was not maintained as I would like during the time but it is doing well.

Here are a few new additions and latest tank shots ...

DSC_0013_zps1b413855.jpg

DSC_0003_zps9e99dd11.jpg

DSC_0020_zpsfaabc0fd.jpg

DSC_0021_zpsdd3efcdd.jpg

DSC_0015_zpsfef5c320.jpg

DSC_0018_zps06144da7.jpg

DSC_0014_zps479a556f.jpg

Enjoy!

Sunny

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
Thank you for the response.

Yea, I read that on your thread, switched in 2013, was hoping for a more direct and in depth response to the actual question, why. Bad lights, poor spectrum, just because, Phathom provided incentives, etc.

Thanks anyway

Thanks. I had AI sol blue for almost 2 years and then this year in Feb I switched to Fathom LED.

sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Thank you for the response.

Yea, I read that on your thread, switched in 2013, was hoping for a more direct and in depth response to the actual question, why. Bad lights, poor spectrum, just because, Phathom provided incentives, etc.

Thanks anyway

Oh well, here we go again :).
I had 6 AI sol blue on a 8 Feet tank. The idea was to keep the SPS in the center and leave back and front open. My SPS took off under the AI Sols. They started growing in all directions. So I had no choice but to add more lights.

So I added T5 for supplementing the front and back. However, I did not like the combo colors and decided to go all LED.

This is when AI vega came out. So my options were to a) add more AI sols b) change to AI vega c) try something else.

AI vega are not high on par as Sol blue are. They are not for deep tanks like mine. So they were out. I was never a Radion fan.

Then someone told be about Fathom LED. Jimmy came over to give me a demo on my tank. He spend a lot of time explaining his stuff and taking par readings and all.

I liked what I saw and rest is history.

There, you have the whole story now. :D.

Hope it helps.

Sunny

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: