Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Quick note I have been in this addictive hobby for about 2.5-3 years.

Hey everyone I recently had to sell my 180g I had setup for about 9 months to help cover my dog's vet bill. He is a 5 month old golden retriever that got parvovirus. Well after about $4,000 in bills and missing my tank I decided I wanted to do a nano. I found a great deal on a RSM 130D and have it going.

Tank equipment is:

- RSM 130D
- Intank Media Basket
- tunze 9002 w/ intank cup and airline mod

Everything else at the moment is stock.

I was also considering adding a rkl to monitor ph, temp, but not 100%

As far as livestock goes I have:

- 1 snowflake clown
- 1 B&W Ocellaris Misbar
- 1 cleaner shrimp
- 1 blood shrimp
- 1 heilfrichi firefish (pair)
- assorted hermits and snails

Planning additions in the future are:
- a bluespot jawfish
- a yasha goby with pistol shrimp

I look forward for people's tips and advice and making new friends.

Add a Mp10 today and did the tunze 9002 airline mod to my skimmer.

IMG_1845.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

Last edited:

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Thank you so much, I really appreciate that!

I am waiting for the NJRC group buy and ordering an ecotech light then I will add corals.

I really appreciate that though Richie! Just a disclaimer I'm a LPS and zoa whore lol.

The puppy right now is passed out in my bed, I am going to start filming him soon since he has the weirdest sleeping habits. He likes to sleep on his back and then in the middle of the night he will run and jump in bed with me and then stick his head under the pillow.

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
Great lookin tank setup diggin the rock scape awesome to see another tank birth goodluck with this new venture B. Lookin forward to following this thread pal

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Great lookin tank setup diggin the rock scape awesome to see another tank birth goodluck with this new venture B. Lookin forward to following this thread pal

Thanks mate, Would have nver got it if it wasn't for dimitrge selling it!

Maybe one day we will meet lol, you're only in Newark and I work in Verona!

Plus my mom met you and liked you, said you were nice and she seems like a good judge of character. It'd be nice to have a local reefer friend lol.

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
Yea no doubt definetly gotta meet someday sooner rather than later funny thing is I use to takle my kids to Verona park all the time in the summer lol hopefully you'll see my tank thread start soon also just picked up Dom's 90 cube today

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
No Radion for me. I just picked up an AI yesterday for my new tank. I like the different colors in the Radion but not the fan or the price.

You should go visit J! I've been there a couple times and always walk away happy.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
No Radion for me. I just picked up an AI yesterday for my new tank. I like the different colors in the Radion but not the fan or the price.

You should go visit J! I've been there a couple times and always walk away happy.

Lol J got a couple test kits from me, well he picked up from my mom.

I am going to do teh ecotech and I figure if I don't like it I can sell it right away and get the AI.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Upgraded pump for the rsm 130d.

I used 2 x eheim 600 and eheim tube. It is easy to remove the plugs on the stock pumps, but to fit the hose over the end as you see in the picture was not easy. What I ended up doing is heating the tip with a lighter and using scissors to extend the tube until I could push it.

626dd83f-dbec-e5ae.jpg

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I got it from AF, got tired of manually topping off and they had a 15% off special.

I have the line right above the water line yupp yupp. No siphoning!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: