thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I was hoping to have my lights today to actually be able to mount them. But they did not come in with the group buy, but I built the mounts anyway.

I used 3/4 electrical conduit, 3/4 pipe mounts, rubber leg covers (for chairs)

I first had to mount a new piece of wood at the outer ends of the back of the tank, then sprayed it black.

Drilled Holes for the brakcets, and put them on with wing nuts from the inside (painted them black on the outside)

I then bent 2 pieces of the conduit so they went over the tank from the back and then bent them again to go across the tank and meet in the middle. They were then sprayed black.

I used 2 rubber caps (used for chair legs) to cover the ends of the pipe, I cut the ends off so they only go around the pipe. This pipe will also serve as conduit for the wires for the lights.

After fine tuning they mounted very nicely. The benefit of mounting them this way is that I can actually move the whole unit up and down, just by loosening the wing nuts from the inside.

Now to just get the lights and actually mount them.

2011-11-03165102.jpg

2011-11-03165116.jpg

2011-11-03165212.jpg

2011-11-03165230.jpg

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I know. I want it to come out the way that I want. I hope to actualy start to fill with water possibly next week. But I am going away for a few days so that will put it on hold. Still need to get brute cans for water. I need to get some esv to start. Hoping to be able to get a bunch of people together to get some esv. I think I can get a cheaper price
Just kidding, do it right the first time..

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Piece of crap Sprint Epic

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: