pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
HomeDepot sells a spray paint you can use on glass.
Man, I love the look of those rimless tanks. I just set one up for a buddy of mine who decided it was time to take the plunge into the hobby. The only downside (to me btw), the stand could've been taller.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
HomeDepot sells a spray paint you can use on glass.
Man, I love the look of those rimless tanks. I just set one up for a buddy of mine who decided it was time to take the plunge into the hobby. The only downside (to me btw), the stand could've been taller.

I actually like the shorter stand... 1st with the LED's will not shine in my kids eyes as bad. And I have a habit of pulling my chair up to the tank and just staring at it. This will be much easier to do that with.

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I think that I am going to paint it black. Some people say use Blue, but I just love the black! What kind of paint should i get to do it? Just regular old spray paint???

I did black latex. I feel the black let's the colors stand out more against it..and latex because it can easily come off with a new razor.

2 samples of home depot paint $5.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Updated first post with:

10/18/2011
Today, I installed 2 of the baffles in the sump. Hopefully tomorrow I will install the other 2. I should have my pump this week and then I will drill the tank prob this weekend. My rock should also be here end of week. Ordered from reefrocks.net stuff looks nice. I will be sure to photograph it when I get it. I also ordered a piece of acrylic which should be done today for some custom rock work.

10/20/2011
Yesterday I started some acrylic work for inside the tank. Info to come later on that. I also put another baffle in the sump, but ran out of silicone so picked up another tube.

I also picked up a BlueLine 55 High Pressure pump last night that I found on Craigslist, pump has never seen water. I also got a TLF Reactor (GREAT PRICES).

Today I am going to tweak the acrylic and finish the baffles. Hopefully rock should be in by the end of the week. Tomorrow might drill the sump.

Images to come shortly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: