Rating - 100%
22   0   0
After having such success with my RSM and horrible luck with my 40G Breeder i decided to run back to the AIO tanks!

Just finished filling my 34g Solana

Currently cycling with marco rocks.

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

The next purchase will be the AI Sol Blue, which i will be making a custom stand to over hang the light. I plan to control the light thru my reef keeper.

I also plan to swap out the stock skimmer with a good ol' Tunze Nano Skimmer w/ Steve T Skim cup and Steve T Media Rack (Used both in RSM and loved them!)

Stay tuned for further updates!

Hardware:
Solana 34G Starfire w/ Black stand
Digital Aquatics Reef Keeper Lite w/ Dual PC4
AI Sol Blue in Black
Vortech MP10
Tunze 9002 Skimmer
Steve T Tunze Skim Cup
Steve T Media Basket
Custom Made Screen Top
Custom Made Light Tree

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I've got a question maybe someone can answer.

The tank is currently cycling and I've noticed the temperature on my RK is showing 81.5 degrees.

I have the RK set to turn the heater on if it was to drop under 74 degrees.

All I'm running in the tank now is the stock return pump, vortech mp10 and a tunze nano skimmer. I just unplugged the skimmer to see if the temp drops but I can't imagine the heat is comming from there. I know the vortech gets warm because of the wave mode but I've never had this problem.

I have the glass top on the tank - could that be the reason? I really would like to leave it on to lower evaporation rate but I guess I'll have to see.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Yeah at the last second i removed the top and plugged the Tunze back in before i left for work. I guess we'll see when i get home.

I know i've ran both the Tunze and Vortech on my RSM before and never had a heating problem. Its just weird cause the RSM was a closed top as well - and never had a heating problem.

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Yeps. I made 2 tops. It was pretty easy. Ordered the netting from bulk reef supply and the spline, brackets, and frame I bought at home depot. Might be a little annoying to cut down but I used a metal cutter and sandpaper to sand down the splinters a bit.

The light is ok. I still prefer halides but for lps/zoas it's fine. Makes them really pop. Harder to take pictures though with leds. I think they dropped in price now too so good deal too. I think allot of people change out the optics to 70 degrees in these fixtures to help get a wider spread.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: