Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Still have to tweak the height then I'll mount the light

6c1beb7e-0372-91d1.jpg

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
does that conduit fall towards the middle of the tank? ( i cant tell from the front pic) looks good so far. what exactly is the framing you used for your mesh top.

Yes sir it does - it bends to the middle then sideways.

i'm going to mount my Ai SOL to it so its smack dab in the middle.

as for the top - its a white screen window kit purchased at home depot along with some mesh from there as well.

painted it black and bam!

i can give the measurements to cut if needed.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
yeah i thought i had zip ties but turns out i was out - plan on grabbing some from work today.

For the light - i used #10 - 2 1/2" screws - fit perfectly through 3/4" conduit.

photo2.jpg

Still need to get the AI Controller.....

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Finally ordered the controller - but over the weekend something happened.

First - Woke up to my Midas Blenny....Dead
Next day my Fairy Wrasse look SUPER sick... Day after....Dead
Next day - one of my clown fish look sick....today MIA and now my watchmen goby is also MIA.

All i see left is 1 clown fish. no idea wtf happened. Did 2 - 5 gallon water changes after the blenny died. Only thing i can possibility think of was the light without the controller was WAY to strong and shocked them? the light as been unplugged until i receive the controller this week.

James404

MH for Life!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Nice start, tank is looking good.

As far as the fish deaths, I highly doubt it was from too much light. Was one of these fish recently added? My first thought that comes to mind with such sudden losses would be marine velvet.

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
about 20 days from filling the tank to adding fish? Seems kinda fast for that bio-load. Did you use any live rock to help seed the tank? I'm on week 3 and I am JUST seeing my ammonia at zero, Nitrites are still greater than zero but they are dropping. This is with the tank cycled with 3 frozen shrimp and seeded with about70-80 lbs of established live rock.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
i added the blenny last - he was in the tank for about a week or so and just when he was beginning to open up and stop being so shy

last i check the readings was 2 days before everything happened and everything was fine - phosphates was just a tad higher than i normally keep them once corals in there but still fine for F/O tanks. (it was alittle higher cause i was trying to get the blenny to eat from dry pellets over to frozen)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: