101.6 KB · Views: 374
  • cal reactor.JPG
    cal reactor.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 378

frankieboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank duke62 hope when I setup my tank I would look good as yours. Lol my planning is slow also Thinking a 150 myself look to house yellow tang, hear they six feet swimming room. What refugium is that looks good. Keep up what your doing its awesome.

Sent from my PG86100 using Reefs

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Tank isnt doing so well since my salt level dropped to 1.019 thanks to a bad refract calibration fluid. Lost a nice encrusted milli and some other things are looking bad so figured i would put up a pic jst in case :(

Attachments

• fts4.JPG
    fts4.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 367

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Thanks Awlida it seems like most corals that were STNing slowed up a bit but the red planet still going. I will wait another few days to take action on it. My pearlberry i took out and dipped and crazy glued the STNing part hopefully that will recover

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Still getting stning from corals. Its really really slow. I brought my salinity back up to 1.025 but i also just noticed my hand held algae scrubber is releasing rust into my tank. Its a pipe with a scraper and it fills up with when i get low in the tank and i turned it around and a cloud of orange dust was released. Now i dont know how long this has been going on because i never looked at the water when i spill it out but i noticed today. Nothing seems to be going right lately and its depressing. Red planet still stning, orange mille is pretty much gone,pink lemonade i just fragged yesterday to try and save and dipped and now its brown :(

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Still getting stning from corals. Its really really slow. I brought my salinity back up to 1.025 but i also just noticed my hand held algae scrubber is releasing rust into my tank. Its a pipe with a scraper and it fills up with when i get low in the tank and i turned it around and a cloud of orange dust was released. Now i dont know how long this has been going on because i never looked at the water when i spill it out but i noticed today. Nothing seems to be going right lately and its depressing. Red planet still stning, orange mille is pretty much gone,pink lemonade i just fragged yesterday to try and save and dipped and now its brown :(

I had same problem with algae scrapper...always have to take out and wash with fresh water
I don't think STN is from this but you never know?
Tank still looks good from pics but I know you know it does not.GL

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Duke keep water parameters where they should be and wait it out. Clip off receding bases and cover the area with glue. Not much more that you can do. I would definitely get my hands on another refractometer to make sure your salinity is right this time.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
sorry to hear and your tank was looking great when I saw it and it will again. It just takes more time to look good again than it does to go bad...keeping those perfect conditons for a long period of time without anything going wrong when so many things can is the most challanging part of this hobby...hang in there and you know what to do...GL

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: