Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
New addition to my tank , always wanted an RBTA and hopefully my clownfish will host it.
Sucks that its hiding in the back of the tank.

b5f5e14b.jpg

8da32d92.jpg

Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I ordered an Tunze Osmolator for my tank which is being delivered on Thursday, cant wait for that. I usually leave for the weekends so I need to have my tank taken care of.

Any recommendations for an auto feeder ? Can you feed frozen foods in them?

Also I have been contemplating on adding chaeto to my media basket or/and adding Phosban reactor 150. Will it be beneficial for my tank or an overkill ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Finished Installing Tunze Osmolator last night which was a pain in the ass. Apparently this tank is not designed to have both return pumps running at the same time because if it dose the overflow box cant handle the pressure. So I had to figure out how to level the water in the outer chamber where the pumps are. The pumps use a wavemaker that have an interval of 30 seconds causing the water level to constantly change. In order for the ato to work I had to overfill the rear chamber so that all were on the same level. Also because of this stupid wavemaker I have a feeling one of the return pipes sounds like with fail soon.

255c7dd0.jpg

f87988ab.jpg

d2c6612e.jpg

Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Since my last update I have done several upgrades and modifications to the tank. I never realized how difficult it is to maintain a nano cube.

I purchased a Bubble Magus 3 Dosing pump because I got fed up of dosing by hand everyday. Best investment so far !!!!!

Also purchased a 2LF Phosban Reactor which was a challenge installing due to the lack of space with all the other equipment.

Today I spent 4 hrs cleaning all the pumps, skimmer, and rear chambers not realizing how much gunk was in the rear chambers. Its impossible to get the outer rear chamber clean and get under the lower part of the tank. I tried everything by siphoning out the gunk but didn't fully get everything out. Also because of the reactor I finally can have both return pumps running at the same time, which made things easier with the ATO.

I feel so much better now that everything is done
smile.gif
Tank looks great.

Oh finally I will be able to put some good quality pics this weekend !! borrowing girlfriends father SLR camera !!

ea78d6dc.jpg

d98d465a.jpg

2ab1edba.jpg

Last edited:

9kin

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks very good. Your rear chamber space optimized to its fullest. Yet managed to keep it neat. I just hope that when it is cleaning time its not pain in the ass to take it off and put it back together.

:smile: Loking at your dosing pump.... now i want to buy it. will go test calc and alk to see if it swings too much if it does not then i will have to retain myself from buying it.

Regarding your ATO-> i figured out a way to fix your problem of pump being not primed all the time. (although i do not know why you experience it).

Look at the pic bellow. Its a one way valve for air that prevents water from going in to air pump. However it will work perfectly for your application. Connect it in line, at any height (or at the end of the tube) and water will not go down after pump is off. Its cheap but you can have mine if its easier for you.

It might reduce pressure a bit, but you should be fine. Also very likely you will need to use small air line tubing as a bushing and zip tie to make a perfect fit.

Attachments

• IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:

Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Looks very good. Your rear chamber space optimized to its fullest. Yet managed to keep it neat. I just hope that when it is cleaning time its not pain in the ass to take it off and put it back together.

:smile: Loking at your dosing pump.... now i want to buy it. will go test calc and alk to see if it swings too much if it does not then i will have to retain myself from buying it.

Regarding your ATO-> i figured out a way to fix your problem of pump being not primed all the time. (although i do not know why you experience it).

Look at the pic bellow. Its a one way valve for air that prevents water from going in to air pump. However it will work perfectly for your application. Connect it in line, at any height (or at the end of the tube) and water will not go down after pump is off. Its cheap but you can have mine if its easier for you.

It might reduce pressure a bit, but you should be fine. Also very likely you will need to use small air line tubing as a bushing and zip tie to make a perfect fit.

Don't remind me of the cleaning.....it will be a pain to move things around to clean inside. Dosing pump is awesome investment but you need coral for it to matter!!! when we going shopping?

I def will try the valve , it doesn't hurt to have it. Also where can I find instruction on how to turn off alarm on the ATO?

Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Lately I have been very disappointed with my coral growth compared to other nano cubes on this forum. I realized the JBJ LED intermediate lights are very weak and suck !! So now I am left with a choice either leave my tank alone to just survive or upgrade lighting to let the tank thrive. Been doing some research on DIY Leds because the LED version of my tank already comes with a heat sink and 25x1w Leds so I figure I can swap them out for some Cree XP 3w LEDs. I am not familiar how to do this yet but hopefully by the end of this week I will make my purchase.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: