dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Rbtwo4 yeah I git good deal on it thanks tho

Awi yeah the system is coming slowly but nice

And dee12dee12 lol I am sure that u have skills I don't so don't feel bad if u ever need build some stuff u can always swing by and I help u out I have tons of tools I used own my own little company

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
sump mod /rodi

I was able to mod my oceanic module 2 sump and make refuge and my new rodi came in from fosters&smith

Attachments

• IMAG0278.jpg
    IMAG0278.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 724
  • IMAG0282.jpg
    IMAG0282.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 725
  • IMAG0286.jpg
    IMAG0286.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 725
  • IMAG0296.jpg
    IMAG0296.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 728
  • IMAG0297.jpg
    IMAG0297.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 724
  • IMAG0298.jpg
    IMAG0298.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 724
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Yea it is and y u ask ??

careful silicone wont adhere to the acrylic....basically the silicone acts like a wedge and the weight of the water pushes the acrylic against the silicone making a seal so dont skimp on the silicone so the acrylic doesn't slip, it happened to me :/...also i heard if you sand the edges the silicone will grav the acrylic a little better too

the tank is looking great man cant wait to see it in person...the 2 mp40s might be a little overkill on that tank since its only 48", you could probably get away with 2 mp10s or if you want to stir it up a little more than that do 1 of each.....my mp10 does decently well in my 55 which is 48", kind of want to eventually put one on the other side as well

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Thanks bruno that acrylic Is 1/2" thick and I silicone its pretty good so I am not worried plus if I want I can just drill the sump again a add a external fuge but am not really worried tho and the two mp40s hey ill start with one plus some k3or4 and if i don't like the flow then ill ad the second one plus my tank is 30" high that's something to think about also ...u can swing by any time u want and check it out

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
totally sweet sump.
Are you building a canopy or installing some kind of grate to fix the flying fish problem?

I just got a wrasse for the tank at work and the lights and other STUFF on top of the tank take up so much space that even though there is no canopy, the fish would have to be a physicist to jump out of the tank!

good luck!

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Thanks tunicata ...idk about the canopy yet I have 2 fixtures that I am going to used for now if i don't like the way they look after I get this bad boy up and running ill just build one but for now ill say no

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
thats true your tank is pretty deep so that could change it up a bit just trying to watch out on some costs for you lol...also as long as you're confident with your seals it should be fine then lol....one thing i do recommend though, i have a small powerhead blowing behind my scape as well to prevent dead spots so thats something to think about, my corals seem to like the current coming from behind too lol

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Thanks for looking out buddy I know this hobby can cost a lot of $$$$ especially if u don't know what ur doing and if u rush I had a decent amount of practice with my old tank so some of that know how will make it over to this tank even tho this tank is like 3 times bigger than the old 65 when u stop by ill show u some the ideas I have running around in my head but I will for sure put up the beast LOL

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
and we have lift off i put in a serious amount of work this week and i was able to fill this bad boy like plan on jan 1 i few alteration to make but we have fill tank no leak and the sump/fuge work exactly how i plan

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: