nycpassat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
220   0   0
How do the doni reef fish take the transit for that tiny size?

I'm going to try and take a shot in answering your question as I do not fully understand it. As you should be able to tell, they are all juveniles and have not fully developed yet. They will be moved out to another tank later or separately paired and hosted by anemones.

Since you claimed to be the clownfish breeding expert now, you should have known this....

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I'm going to try and take a shot in answering your question as I do not fully understand it. As you should be able to tell, they are all juveniles and have not fully developed yet. They will be moved out to another tank later or separately paired and hosted by anemones.

Since you claimed to be the clownfish breeding expert now, you should have known this....

I usually do not ship them so small fearing(but not proven) that they cannot take the trip but may be other industry people already know it's no issue shipping them that small. Any 3rd party observation is good to know.

When I get the Wyoming White from C-quest, the are tiny like that and seems not taking the transit too well.

Last edited:

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Wingo, I've order several times from Doni's Reef. They transport their clowns in a Kordon's breatheable bag and cover the bags with a light layer of filter floss. There packaging is exceptional well, includes a heat pack and I've had no casualities.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Wingo, I've order several times from Doni's Reef. They transport their clowns in a Kordon's breatheable bag and cover the bags with a light layer of filter floss. There packaging is exceptional well, includes a heat pack and I've had no casualities.

Thanks for the the great info. Breather bag is not easy to find in NYC. I heard there is only one guy who can sell in small qty.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
A few Pictures from Today:

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2836.jpg

IMG_2833.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Really nice pics of the three clowns. Hopefully the offsprings will retain that. I like the one with the tear drops on both sides behind the gills.

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I usually do not ship them so small fearing(but not proven) that they cannot take the trip but may be other industry people already know it's no issue shipping them that small. Any 3rd party observation is good to know.

When I get the Wyoming White from C-quest, the are tiny like that and seems not taking the transit too well.

ive had 3 snows and 4 grade As from donni in the past, they are very small when shipped, but i have had good results all but 1 time, when i split an order with james here on MR and the shipment came in februaryt of last year, unfortunatly the heater pack failed and the fish were in 40 degree water, i aclimated them over 8 hrs in the dark hoping to get them going, they only lasted a day or 2, but donni did right by us so i cant complain.. i still have my 2 from 2 yrs ago, theyre doing awesome..

im looking forward to getting a pair of smorq's.. good luck with the clowns jiggy

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Those are now silverback clowns... sell them for $1000000000.00

:wink1:

I like the way those look tho.

I noticed in Sanjays Photon Pictures that some had a grey tail also. I do not think it is unheard of, and it is most likely them darkening up in a random order, or so I "ass u me".
I think the grey tails will be the darkest of them all.

Last edited:

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
NYCPASSAT: Someone also posted that they have found wild caught grey bars. That debunks the theory, although the high nitrates may promote that "coloring" to come out more frequently.
Good find fwiw

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: