bueller

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hey everyone,

Just closed on my home in Texas and are unsure of what I'm doing in my guest bedroom....I'm definitely doing a tank...But which?? I'm leaning toward the marineland 300 gallon deep dimension..what ya think? here's a picture of the wall/room where I want to put it in:

Bueller

TEXASHOME12.jpg

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
bueller where at in TX as i have family down there, also look into getting the overflow customized, my friend has the 300dd with a custom single overflow in the middle, love his tanks dimensions

bueller

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hey Phil...lol yes I'm still alive. I really think I want to do a full wall [ 14 ft wide ] entertainment center with the 300 dd smack in the middle..I will just need the tank. only think thats jerking me up is that the water feed [ for changes / top off ] is on the other side of the home...pretty far away...sucks!

hope all is well!

Bueller

bueller where at in TX as i have family down there

HOUSTON! [ about a hour outside the city - northwest ]
....YA CAN'T SHOVEL SUNSHINE!

I'm going back down at the end of the month...going to go check out this store in the city : http://www.thefishgallery.com/houston

on their website:

Careers

The Fish Gallery is looking for innovative, knowledgeable and friendly staff to assist customers developing and maintaining their aquariums as well as ensure the health of their inhabitants are well taken care of. We offer a variety of positions and benefits from health insurance to retirement options. Please inquire within for more details or to apply. Thank you!

Maybe I'll go get a Job there...lol

Last edited:

bueller

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I think I've changed my mind, I think I will do a built in the wall in my Den. If you look at the picture it's the opening in the right side of the photo, it's one of those 70's bar which I want to convert, it has a sink for water and a drain for waste water changes...I also plan on blowing out the 3 windows and door and putting 2- 6 foot french doors leading out to the back yard..what ya think ...better? here's the picture.

TEXASHOME6.jpg

bueller

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
PRETTY GROOVY..YA THINK...LOL When I'm done with this place it will be Slamming. Not too much work to be done, all the major's are pretty new but the interior needs updating. ya gotta love those western bar doors for the bar...LOL

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
ya gotta love those western bar doors for the bar...LOL
Hey John the bottom half of the door to the back also looks like a barn door too. I guess it's a Texas thing! All you need is a ten gallon hat now. Best of luck with the tank and the move.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: