dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
More pics of how you put that light up please...lol:scratch:

With Screws... They come with them, free... lol

Its a swing arm lamp from homedepot for 29.99. What i did was installed it on the otherside of the wall on the kitchen side. The lanp was installed upsidedown so that the bulb fixture would be able to point down instead of up. Then i just attached the shade. It was simple left a clean look and i dont ever have to remove the lamp for anything... Just swing it to eitherside so possitioning is never an issue.

More pics of the light setup will me posted later tonight.

Last edited:

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Light set up - kitchen view

More pics of how you put that light up please...lol:scratch:

So here is the light setup. Although its not finished you can see what the idea is. I am going to hide the cable by using something like this:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Then i will paint it the same color of the wall, or maybe just leave it white. Not sure yet. But whatever i end up doing it will cover the power cable so it doesnt stand out as much.

Attachments

• IMG_7828.jpg
    IMG_7828.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 552

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
First tank drilled!!!

Update:

So the first tank has been drilled and it all couldn't have gone better. I was pretty nervous and stopped numerous times to check and make sure i didnt crack anything yet. Took me a while too due to the stopping but mostly because i wanted to go slow and steady... You guys know what im talking about... lol

Anyway! The hole came out pretty good with only a few minor chips but once you put in the bulkhead everything is gone and you have a nice clean look!

So my first time was pretty great. I was pretty excited and felt like i have moved to the next level in the reef world...

Attachments

• IMG_8144.jpg
    IMG_8144.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_8148.jpg
    IMG_8148.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_8151.jpg
    IMG_8151.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 549
  • IMG_8154.jpg
    IMG_8154.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_8163.jpg
    IMG_8163.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 558

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: