Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
240 Gallon Cube Tank Thread. I want to thank JavyJaverson, Xclusive252 and two of Javy's friends for delivering and helping me get the tank on the stand. The tank will be a mixed reef and I'm going back into keeping SPS. The bottom of the tank will contain two sheets of 1/2" thick Starboard. No sand will be used to make maintenance and the removal of detritus alot easier. Tonga Branch rock has been ordered. External overflow to get more coral growth. See attached pics of empty tank. Stay tuned. :)

Attachments

• 240 pic 1.jpg
    240 pic 1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,468
  • 240 pic 2.jpg
    240 pic 2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,464
  • 240 pic 3.JPG
    240 pic 3.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 1,483
  • 240 pic 4 top view.JPG
    240 pic 4 top view.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 1,478
  • 240 pic 5 overflow.jpg
    240 pic 5 overflow.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,446
Last edited:

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Now that a TANK!!

Thanks Savage!​

You sick puppy . I bet you'll have that tank up and running before me.

LOL, I setup the tank up yesterday and it's full of rock, fish, and running on fumes.​

Wait wasn't there a tv there before lol

Yep, I moved it somewhere else now.​

Very Nice!! Cube on steroids. Love the Height of the stand.

Thanks Chemchef! The stand is 40" H.​

Thanks Dubcity03!​

Nice looking cube

Thanks Dubs!

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Lets see a list of proposed equipment, you know thats the eye candy in this hobby.

I ordered a few Vortech's from the Black Friday sale last November that will be used. An MP40 and and MP60. I'm contemplating on adding this to the existing system to give me 700 gallon overall system volume. I'll probably use a Lumenarc 3 pendant with a 250 watt Radium bulb or 4 AI Sol blues, but that's still up in the air. I will add the Bubble King 300 External Protein Skimmer to the overall system once everything is plumbed together.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
This thread has been up for 48 hours and no further pics, no water, no corals....shouldn't this be all setup by DAY1!!! what a tease!! awesome looking tank.

who made the tank?

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
This thread has been up for 48 hours and no further pics, no water, no corals....shouldn't this be all setup by DAY1!!! what a tease!! awesome looking tank.

who made the tank?

LOL, the branch rock is coming in today. The two other tanks are full of fish and corals. I believe the tank builder was Aquarium Obsessed.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: