• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

LavaToad

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!!! I made my first post the other day but it's time I make my own tank thread. It's a 24 gallon JBJ cube with the stock PC lighting and pump that's been up and running for 5 years. I also added a mini oceanic skimmer in the back (which is very finicky) and 2 smaller pumps connected with a garden hose and some pvc piping to go behind the rockwork and push the water out of a barnacle cluster in the center towards the surface. This tank is actually condensed from my own tank and my wife's when we moved in together. The 2 clowns and puffer are mine and the other damsels are hers ^_^

Livestock: 2 ocellaris clownfish (1 naked), 1 blue spotted puffer, 2 4-stripe damsels, 1 yellow tail blue damsel
Corals: Xenia (of course), purple mushrooms, green star polyps, green button polyps, haitian reef anemone

Sorry for novel, let's get to what everyone is here for... the pics!

Last edited:

LavaToad

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obligatory full tank shot and overhead view of the plumbing

Attachments

• SAM_2648.JPG
    SAM_2648.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 300
  • SAM_2653.JPG
    SAM_2653.JPG
    205.2 KB · Views: 293
  • SAM_2654.JPG
    SAM_2654.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 296

LavaToad

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's some mugshots of the 4-stripes and puffer

Attachments

• 20111108_25.JPG
    20111108_25.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 284
  • 20111108_26.JPG
    20111108_26.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 290
  • SAM_2636.JPG
    SAM_2636.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 276
  • blue spotted puffer.JPG
    blue spotted puffer.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 279
  • SAM_2692.JPG
    SAM_2692.JPG
    226.4 KB · Views: 275

LavaToad

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, he doesn't bother any of the corals I have at all. He used to try to attack my turbo snail but gave up on it a long time ago, and is pretty peaceful now. In fact he's so relaxed that he lets me trim his teeth while I'm holding him loosely in my hand underwater. He needs it maybe once a year since I have no crabs to give him.

LavaToad

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to figure out how to do multiple quotes at once, maybe I have to right-click and open in a new window. Anyway, Thanks for all the comments guys :smile:.
It might be a while until I trim his teeth again, but when I do I just use a regular nail clipper and cut it a tiny bit staying away from his lips.

Ruz900: Currently I?m not selling anything but it might change in the future.

rideit6578
ctx monitor
As for how long it took to grow like this, I would say about 2 years. I had a blackout a few years ago which caused me to lose about half the xenia in the tank, which then kinda polluted the water and I lost my male ocellaris

Jarrett shark
Ya I know it does suck. I was actually hoping for my GSP to cover the tank but when the xenia started growing on the glass it shaded the rock the GSP is on, so it stopped spreading. I like how it pulses though and everyone who comes over is surprised when I shut the pumps off and it still moves.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: