akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Yea those toxins are a pia. My friend got squirted right above the eye about a year and a half ago and he still has the scar. I was fragging once and didn't realize I cut myself on the rock and I was knocked out for 2 days with flu-like symptoms. I'm stupid and still frag without gloves but it's always good to wear them.
Also, whatever coral you get make sure you dip them. I use coralrx and seems to work pretty well. Once you get pests in your system such a pain to get rid of it.

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
I been there. They have nice stock good prices. But I never purchased from them. But its I the city, its a nice place. Check it out but if u buy coral make sure u dip them like akma said.

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Yeah, it seems regardless of where you buy coral the dip is a good idea. I have a few fresh water fish I need to get rid of so I can sell my 12G Nano and I thought I'd see if they'd take them. While I'm there I thought I'd check out their salty stock.

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
AI Sol settings and Time

Any thoughts on how much light I should be running right now as well as settings on my AI Sol?

Right now my light is about 6in from the top of the water, which means about 22-24in from the bottom of the sand bed. The lights are running with whites on from 10am to about 5pm with variations in blues and royals. I'm not at home now so I can't be specific of my settings.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
When is a good time to start a fuge? I'm highly considering putting a fuge in the 2nd chamber of my Solana n any suggestions or advice?
i have a 28 jbj nano and i just started with the chaeto in the unused chamber with a little light for them just last week and my tank has only been up and runnig for little over 2 months.also im not sure if you have any cleanup crews in your tank ,i ordered from reefcleaners.org and they have really good stuff there aswell as macro algae and extremely reasonable and generous with what you order...i know you said you like to stick locally being that you live in the city but there well worth ordering from.

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hmm...so my algae is slowing getting heavier throughout the tank. Right now I only feed a small amount once a day and my nitrates are less than 5. I have a phosphate test that's reading zero, but from what I've been told those tests are not accurate enough to give a true reading.

My lighting period has whites on from 1030am to 6pm and after 6 the whites drop down to about 15%.

I also have an additional cuc coming next Monday or Tuesday so that will probably help as well. Other than that, any ideas? Or is this pretty much par for the course with a new tank?

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
For some reason I had that feeling Russ, so here is my next question. Of the three lights on the sol, what is the light that fuels the algae, white, blue or royal or all three? I'm sure we all get get to that selfish point where we hate seeing are tank with no light.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
For some reason I had that feeling Russ, so here is my next question. Of the three lights on the sol, what is the light that fuels the algae, white, blue or royal or all three? I'm sure we all get get to that selfish point where we hate seeing are tank with no light.

The white light is the main spectrum that fuels algae. With the amount and type of livestock you have in your tank, I would only run the whites for about 5-6 hours. More than that is unnecessary.

R

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
This is an odd question, but I'm not sure who else to ask. Do clowns act very strange when the lights in the tank are off? And when I say strange I mean swimming vertically and very erratic. I googled it this morning and it seems that most people admit this is true. So is it true?

I was very concerned so I ran a full range of tests on my tank this morning and all of my parameters are excellent!

pH: 8
Ammonia: 0
Nitrates: < 5
Temp: 79
Salinity: 1.023

I just want to make sure nothing is wrong. All the inverts seem very lively and active.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ibqjco

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
ID of this little critter?

Found this little guy crawling around on the glass tonight. I didn't recognize so I scooped it out. Any idea's on what it is? Was thinking nudibranch but I'm that certain of my ID skills yet. It was maybe 1/4" in length.

Attachments

• IMG_2585.jpg
    IMG_2585.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 156

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: