al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hey all! So i've been on this forum for a while.....just haven't been on as much i should in the past few years. Anyways, now im back in the hobby and i've recently upgraded my 29 gal to a Solana 34. yeah really BIG upgrade.

Most of the stuff in the tank, equipment and tank itself was bought on MR from very awesome members. And i would like to share it now. I just setup the tank a few hours ago so dont mind the cloudy pics.

Equipment
Solana 34
Aqua C remora
Advanced LED 150V
Tunze Osmolator w/calcium dispenser
koralia something

About 30 Lbs of Live rock and 20 Lbs of Live sand

Livestock
Pair of clowns.....not sure if theyre percula or ocellaris
six line wrasse
just a handful of snails and hermits for CUC
pulsing xenia
some different zoa polyps
green hammer
acans
duncans
gsp

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

more pics to come as soon as the cloudiness clears up and when i move the livestock in a few days

Last edited:

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
thanks guys! cant wait to put in the corals. ill try to take some pics with a real camera soon so it doesnt get hit with all that blue.

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
a bit of an update....im in the process of turning the solana into a euphyllia dominant tank so im trying to trade off and sell of the other corals. been busy this past week scouting around for some hammers. managed to pick up a pretty purple and green hammer head from diego and a nice aussie piece from MA.

did some aquascaping today.....so the right side of the tank would be hammers of different sorts, the left would be full of froggys/octopus/grape corals.....if i can find them and the sand bed would be full of torches. I've been doing some snooping around online and found out that torches should be kept separate as they tend to be more aggressive.

let me know what you guys think!

Definitely far from collecting specimens! if anybody wants help me out with this project and sell/donate me a few frags of euphyllia, please PM me!

074be797.jpg

0cb03659.jpg

so far in terms of euphyllia i have

green wall hammer
aussie toxic green wall hammer
purple tipped green branching hammer
green tipped branching hammer
green tipped indonesian torch
aussie gold torch

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Thanks!! Im just dripping kalk from the tunze dispenser and keeping up with weekly water changes! And good indirect flow

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
thanks guys, I'm planning on picking up a few more soon. also for the most part i plan on keeping torches on the sandbed. does anybody have any issue with torches stinging frogs n hammers?

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
A little updating
Handsome wall frogspawn i picked up today from coral theory

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1349052569.726960.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1349052569.726960.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 184
  • ImageUploadedByReefs1349052580.710316.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1349052580.710316.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 185

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: