Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I am putting a 150 DD marine land cube, in the wall. The same spot as my old 65. So it will be viewable from two rooms. The tank has 1 star fire panel and came reef ready. the reef ready part is problem #1.

Since the tank is in wall the corner overflow would have uglied up one side. So I ordered a Glass holes over flows and they built me a custom overflow. 1500gph with 1 x 2"" bulkhead in it ! and we drilled the tank already, its thick glass was a 45min project but its ready. I have to cut out the old overflow and clean up the silicone still.

The equipment
-------------------
6 bulb ati sunpower T5 with 2 reef brite leds one for each side.
BM 180-ex cone skimmer
3L Vertex zeovit reactor plan is to go 100% zeo system
100lbs BRS eco rock
1/2" starboard for bare bottom
Blowhole 1450 return w/1"seaswirl
mp40 I hope I am worried about the tick glass.
1/2 hp chiller
BM dosing pump , to supplement kalk in topoff
everything plumbed into the basement
-------------------

Right now i"m trying to decide of I should use the two predrilled holes in the bottom for a closed loop, it would be pretty static flow with one 1 intake and 1 output. Maybe cover them with glass and silicone amd then rabbit out the starboard to make lay flat and hide the glass patch. or use bulkheads because glass could be risky? and cover them with rocks~

Im leaning towards glass over the holes and hide it. advice?

38B2CEDA-orig-1.jpg

CE7B2C11.jpg

D38D5095-orig.jpg

168FF4BF-orig.jpg

C3EF0CBA-orig.jpg

Last edited:

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Nice! Congrats on the upgrade! The trim looks great. I would probably go the safe route with the holes in the bottom of the tank and use bulkheads with caps. You can get caps that screw into the bh and sit flush. Then just carve out the star board to try and sit on top of them. I'd be to worried that a glass patch would come loose or get bumped with a rock and start leaking, that would be a nightmare. Good luck with it

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
I agree, should be easy enough to cover up

Nice! Congrats on the upgrade! The trim looks great. I would probably go the safe route with the holes in the bottom of the tank and use bulkheads with caps. You can get caps that screw into the bh and sit flush. Then just carve out the star board to try and sit on top of them. I'd be to worried that a glass patch would come loose or get bumped with a rock and start leaking, that would be a nightmare. Good luck with it

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Thanks everyone !

I am hoping to put everything i have learned in the past 5 years into practice this time around. It will be a slow build, but worth wait. more pics later on

credit to the entire MR community I learned by watching you~~

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
lol share the blame :p

Well I gave my wife a break from the saw dust and finished the sump.

It has an extra chamber , so its a 55g with chamber 1 return area and skimming, chamber 2 zeo ractor, chamber 3 fenced in fish area, then last chamber return, temp control & top off area.

FSS full sump shot ;) chiller behind.
10DCF4A1.jpg

A closer look at the "clown fish fence"
F54DB278.jpg

the baffle complete with small conduit to protect from getting cut on sharp glass when working in the sump.
7ADCE15E.jpg

1923BFBF.jpg

My male Photon clown fish in the frag tank for now.

3C96F97D.jpg

Here is the female , looking unhappy with no anemone in a frag tank..

A058BC28.jpg

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Tony it really doesnt have room to go anywhere. but I was thinking of a bigger diameter piece of pvc :)

Finished up the stand with 1/2 plywood covered by 1/4" plastic beadboard. just glued the bead board i hate painting... so the tape is holing it for now, and ill put the corner molding and rail for the top on maybe this evening ..maybe ... haha

36C3FD94-orig.jpg

78FB67FD.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: