dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
hey guys. wanted to share my tank build with you all and wanted feed back as i go along. all of you have been very helpful so far and wanted to say thanks to everyone that has helped me along the way and there are a lot of you guys...

purchased the tank on 3/31/2012
setup tank on 5/13/2012

Tank: 50 Gallon rimless made by Glasscages
Stand: Made by INNEED
Sump: Made by Custom King
Heater: ViaAqua titanium
Skimmer: SWC 120 Cone
Return Pump: DeepBlue Triton 4
Power heads: 2 x Hydor Koralia 425GPH
Reactor: BRS Dual GFO/Carbon

Last edited:

dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
pics of what i have done so far.

Attachments

• reef1.JPG
    reef1.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 803
  • reef2.JPG
    reef2.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 805
  • reef3.JPG
    reef3.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 806
  • reef4.JPG
    reef4.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 804
  • reef5.JPG
    reef5.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 791
  • reef6.JPG
    reef6.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 799
  • reef7.JPG
    reef7.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 794

rbtwo4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
word of advice bro that clamp u have see if u can just have the light hang from something. i had a clamp on mine and it started getting rusty after a month. i dont think u want rust falling from that into tank i dont know if its harmful but i got it out of there. dont want to take that chance. nice build

dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
word of advice bro that clamp u have see if u can just have the light hang from something. i had a clamp on mine and it started getting rusty after a month. i dont think u want rust falling from that into tank i dont know if its harmful but i got it out of there. dont want to take that chance. nice build

thank you. i will try to remove that piece if i can tonight if not i'll buy a different fixture if i can find one.

greengny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Looking good. That 90 elbow at the end of your dorso may be too low in your overflow. If the water drains faster than it is returned, the water will "splash/fall" over your overflow casuing a splashing racket. You may need to move the 90 elbow up a bit, closer to the top of the overflow, so that the water doesnt have to fall too much to reach the drain. G/L John

dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
Looking good. That 90 elbow at the end of your dorso may be too low in your overflow. If the water drains faster than it is returned, the water will "splash/fall" over your overflow casuing a splashing racket. You may need to move the 90 elbow up a bit, closer to the top of the overflow, so that the water doesnt have to fall too much to reach the drain. G/L John

the straight pipe is already cemented into the bulkhead i don thtink i can adjust the height of the elbow anymore. maybe i can semi-close the drain ball valve to catch up to the return output?

dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
I re did my rock work a little bit cause a few people mentioned it was too "tight" maybe I will have a better flow this way? No sure on aquascaping...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1337095485.615128.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1337095485.615128.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 708

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: