dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
What is cuc. I'm planning to upgrade to a 60 gallon by the end of the months,I plan to scrub my live rocks before I place them in the new tank will that help I don't want it to carry over to the tank

CUC = clean up crew(hermit crabs snail other inverts)

i used a garden hose and hosed the rocks down and then soaked them in RO/DI water for a week before i placed them in my tank. got a lot of the sand and other stuff off the rock by doing so.

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
here there dan looking good so far. i really like the reactors on the outside of the stand... great idea.
advice/suggestions
your aqua scape...or rock placement. try to avoid "THE WALL" trust me.
this causes dead spots, places for frags to fall, and avalanches if you are trying to place something.
you outlet center. i think it might be too close to the sump. god forbid you have to move things around in there or maintenance... just don't want you or your tank inhabitants to get zapped.

like i said good job ...keep us posted and keep asking questions.

dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
here there dan looking good so far. i really like the reactors on the outside of the stand... great idea.
advice/suggestions
your aqua scape...or rock placement. try to avoid "THE WALL" trust me.
this causes dead spots, places for frags to fall, and avalanches if you are trying to place something.
you outlet center. i think it might be too close to the sump. god forbid you have to move things around in there or maintenance... just don't want you or your tank inhabitants to get zapped.

like i said good job ...keep us posted and keep asking questions.

thanks i have rearranged the rocks a little since the first photos. my outlet is pretty much fixed in that area. i had the reactor near all the wires and didnt think it would be a good idea so i searched the house for a 1/2" drill bit and lucky enough i found one. i would hate to have had to go to home depot for that thing. hopefully i will be ready for coral soon. would love to pick up a pack from you.

dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
Move the ato reservoir from the left to right side of the tank.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1340303356.643569.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1340303356.643569.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 261

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw purple on your pipes going into the bulkheads.
In the future do not glue these into your bulkheads.

How do you regulate the water level in the overflow?
Is it loud?
What if one of those pipes needs replacing?

dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
I saw purple on your pipes going into the bulkheads.
In the future do not glue these into your bulkheads.

How do you regulate the water level in the overflow?
Is it loud?
What if one of those pipes needs replacing?

i purchased the plumbing along with this tank used. it came exactly the way it is. but thanks in the future i might do it differently...

i dont regulate the water at all. i regulate my return pump to make sure it doesnt overflow so i dial back 1/4 turn on my ball valve. not loud unless i have alot of evaporation but my ato kicks in pretty soon after. tank is right outside my bedroom and it doesnt bother me at all.

if i need to replace one of these pipes for any reason im basically screwed. i hope i would never have to replace these for the duration of my tank's life.

Last edited:

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I saw what looked like a powerstrip with a timer on it. I was looking into getting one but I read some terrible reviews online. Some have even caught fire.

Just wanted to give you heads up on that. I found some heavy duty digital timers with a battery memory and dual plugs in Home Depot.

dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
I saw what looked like a powerstrip with a timer on it. I was looking into getting one but I read some terrible reviews online. Some have even caught fire.

Just wanted to give you heads up on that. I found some heavy duty digital timers with a battery memory and dual plugs in Home Depot.

thanks for the heads up. hopefully i will get a controller soon.

dannyny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
12   3   0
I have the same BRS reactor, might consider mounting this behind the stand. Good idea!!! Only concern is water leak that is probably not going to happen.

Your rockscape looks very good!!!

Thanks!!

if you do relocate to the back just make sure you can go and change the media easily. i put it on the side because i can put a bucket under the reactor when i go and change my media without making a mess on the floor.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Thanks!!

if you do relocate to the back just make sure you can go and change the media easily. i put it on the side because i can put a bucket under the reactor when i go and change my media without making a mess on the floor.

I'll make sure a bucket is available.....i got a foot behind the tank to work with because of my external overflow.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: