selkoner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.4%
114   3   0
About 45GL with sump .,, it's a very nice Lil set up !!

Well guys like i said I was worried about my clown fish ... My platmuim clown went carpet surfing about 3:39am good thing I was so consern about my fish that I was dam near sleeping in front of the tank ... Saw him missing look in the channel and he wasnt there?! Then I look on the floor and he was there !!!

I quickly pick him up put him in the water and he wasn't swimming !!! I push him down and nothing I push him around in the water and belive it or not that woke him up and he had Saliva and air bubbles comming out his gills !! But all in all hes a trooper and he made it !!

I poke some holes in the tuper ware and put the two clown in there so I can get some sleep !! Lol ...

a68958ac-de0e-b2a4.jpg
a68958ac-de56-153d.jpg
a68958ac-deba-4d34.jpg

a68958ac-deef-2264.jpg

I love my baby blue carpet !!

Last edited:

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
That is great that you saved the clown. In my experience, clowns can be jumpers if there is not a huge hurdle from the water line to the rim of the tank (clearly an issue with your tank). I had a platinum clown go wood floor surfing before I had a top (and no fish I thought were jumpers).

selkoner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.4%
114   3   0
Yeah James I saw it coming ... But this platmuim clown is a trooper !!!

He survived falling out of a cup on to my dresser when I 1st got him....he survived ich ... he also survive going into a tank with low salinity To a tank with high salinity in a matter of sec. The cup that i had him in was tip over by my wife !! and now he survived jumping out of the tank a good 4 feet into the rug!!

This fish wants to live !!!

selkoner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.4%
114   3   0
Lol I thought u were 1ucky ( lucky ) ?!

Lol but yeah I knew that it mite be a problem that's why I pulled my chair infront of my tank for about 3 1/2hrs and as soon as I shut my eyes he went for a jump !!

Sorry to hear about your clown ... I had a pair of platnuim clown fish but he died because a baster baby hippo I bought had ich and infected my sons nano !! Smh ... I was going to buy another one but I saw the grade A picasso clown fish and I was so amazed that I had to buy him

selkoner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.4%
114   3   0
I do but this is his new home so there going to have to learn ... I'm going to keep training them I think if I keep taken them out the tank there going to learn to to stay up ... Or host to the carpet which ever comes 1st ... Trust me I don't want none of them to die ...

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I do but this is his new home so there going to have to learn ... I'm going to keep training them I think if I keep taken them out the tank there going to learn to to stay up ... Or host to the carpet which ever comes 1st ... Trust me I don't want none of them to die ...

Good luck, once in an anemone you should be ok but before that I think odds are good that you lose him. It took my clowns over a year to host (both tank raised)

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Yeah, the timing is dependent upon the clown I guess, once they host it isn't an issue at all but even 3 months is a lot of time considering 1 night = 1 jump so far. Perhaps figure out a way to get the anemone and clowns in a safe tank and once the clowns host then put them all back in if at all possible.

selkoner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.4%
114   3   0
Yeah ... I herd alot of ways people try to make there clowns host but it's up to them... I was thinking about trying the basket trick but I don't want my carpet to try to eat them .. Lol did u hear about that trick ??

selkoner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.4%
114   3   0
Hi guys ... Haven't posted the progress on the tank but here we go ...

I have fully stock my tank ... ( lmaoooo didn't take long ..) I have many coral rare green nepthea . Alot of zoos, 3 clams, 2 toad stool... Many different shrooms, candy cane 5 different maximum carpets ...one rose bubble tip so on and so on Lmaooo

----------Fish
Chevron tang
2 Ora snow flake clown ( matted )
Flame hawk
More to come ..

I have a reef keeper elite,
ATO,
Uv,
Skimmer,
Mangroves and cheto ( marinland reef bright led ),............

I also just up graded the led to echtech
Radian ( love this light )

Tank came a long way but I'm proud with the out come ...

a68958b1-8bb3-5b74.jpg
a68958b1-8bc5-6fd0.jpg
a68958b1-8bd4-f005.jpg
a68958b1-8c30-025a.jpg
a68958b1-8c43-e4e9.jpg
a68958b1-8c5a-5fa7.jpg
a68958b1-8c6b-8b44.jpg
a68958b1-8c7c-1acb.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: