yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I want to start by saying a huge thank you to all the users and moderators of this site!!! You've all been tremoundous help and great source of information!

My new tank is an all in one AquaEuro 34 gallon HQI.
Tunze 9002 skimmer
Apex controller
JBJ ATO
30LBS live sand
35LBS dead rock

I filled up the tank Sunday June 3rd and am deciding while the tank cycles if I need;
MP10
Upgrading the hood to LEDs (through Wingo)
If I want to add a chiller (I think I'm going to need to)

I'll update as I make decisions and the cycle progresses. Feel free to comment/critique.

Attachments

• Tank1.jpg
    Tank1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 775
  • Tank2.jpg
    Tank2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 771
  • Tank4.jpg
    Tank4.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 770
  • Tank5.jpg
    Tank5.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 776

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
swapped out my MH lighting for Fathom LED's Pharos. So far I love the light and their customer service is 2nd to know one!

Thinking about adding a sump to my tank.

Attachments

• tank.JPG
    tank.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 664
  • tank1.JPG
    tank1.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 662
  • tank2.JPG
    tank2.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 669

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Looks good man! Is the nem the only livestock you have in there?

Thank you! No, only took a couple of shots. Lost a lot in the storm but, I presently have a pair of clarkis, pair of fire fish, wrasse (not sure what type), blood red shrimp, pair of harlequin shrimp, frogspawn, red cap, duncan and a few zoas. I've been restocking slowly after the storm.

I really want to add a sump to this tank but haven't thought out how's best to do it yet.

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Yes, I've never run an overflow box before which is part of my hesitation. However, I do plan on upgrading when I buy a house (in a year or so) and don't think it's worth the time/effort and money to add a sump knowing I'm going to upgrade tanks. I will probably end up slowly stocking this tank with more coral until I upgrade.

I really can't stop thinking about adding a sump though. I loved having a fuge and seeing all the life forms sustained in it.

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Been a year since my last update.

This past week I added a sump to the tank. Sump is 16x16x16 made by CustomKing. Monday, I'll be adding my new skimmer (Bubble Mangus NAC3.) I'm really excited to have the sump up and running! Removing the in-tank filter was a HUGE PITA!!!!

I'll post pictures of the sump when after I install the skimmer.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 249
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 245
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 249
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 248
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 248

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: