jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
And so it begins. Finally I'm gonna get a proper upgrade. I decided to go with a AGA 90 RR. Many reason for this decision but I wont get into it yet. I only got the tank, since I'm gonna build my own stand. Starting that tomorrow. Its really gonna be a slow build, which is the reason im building the stand. It will help slow things down a bit and keep me from spending money I don't have yet.

The system:
90gal RR
DIY stand
Skimmer: probably a NAC 7
Return Pump: Mag 9.5 or equivilant I may go with a bigger pump and split it off for reactors
Lights: Undecided leaning towards T5 but might go LED
Sump: Most likely a custom built. Im in contact with a couple of guys on M.R. that build them
Flow: Im leaning towards Sicce Voyagers ATM. I figure 2 of the 2800's or 1-2800 and 1-3600
Im gonna try to stay away from MP-40. I just can't stand the noise or the price. And
frankly Im not impressed with the mp-10 in my nano.
The rest will come as it comes. Even most of the above is up for consideration. I know one thing is for sure Im going with Reef Rocks for the aquascape. I love it in the nano and I have already been in contact with Steve there for a custom scape. Not too much to show yet but here are a couple of worthless pics. Hopefully some of the stand build to follow.
f7d81a93.jpg

40c03d4f.jpg

garys reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
i have the exact same tank and im runninig a marineland 5500 and love it dead quiet and plenty of flow i have a 40 breeder that i made into a sump very easy u can do it yourself and i would go with led's if you can do it i have 4 sol blues over my tank and love them the growth and color iget is amazing just my opinion

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Ok a little help here. Im thinking about a return pump I was pretty positive that I would use a eheim 1262. Will that be enough pump to handle the return at approximately 4.5'head and still run a dual BRS reactor hung above my sump.
Also I was thinking of taking my current nano which is a 20h with a glassholes overflow rated at 300gph and a 1/2" return and tying it into this system as a frag tank. If I do that should I use a seperate pump for it or can I just get a bigger pump say a sicce 5 and split it 3 ways for both tanks and the dual reactor. Thanks in advance guys.

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Just a little update. Got a little more done with the stand. Hopefully by the weekend I'll be ready for the doors. Also got my skimmer coming. Going with a SWC 160. That's all for now.

048bb0d6.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: