jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Tank painted. Still waiting on the doors.
Nano comes down over the next few days then the 90 will move into place.
48d71a42.jpg

Next up: Lights and Sump

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Quick update
4062313a.jpg

Still gotta do second coat on doors.
Light is on. TEK 8 bulb. These legs are flimsy. I'm gonna hang it anyway.
Skimmers in. SWC 160 cone.
Sump is ordered and getting built.
For flow I have decided to start with 2 mp10's, and my koralia 750's from my other tank. I will remove the 750's later and add another mp10. I just can't afford 2 mp40's. So I figure this is the next best thing. It should offer me plenty of flow. Rock is ordered from reefrocks.com. Haven't decided on sand yet. Got it narrowed between Fiji Pink live sand or a 50/50 mix of Tropic Eden reef flakes and mini flakes. Well that's it for now. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Quick update, it just seems to be a waiting game. I got the sump and stone ordered. Im getting the stone from ReefRocks.com. Ive used it before and love it. The only problem is that the guy who runs the place works at his own pace and at this point it seems to be slow. Also ordered my sand, Tropic Eden reefflakes and an ATO from autotopoff.com today. Im hoping to have everything come together before I leave for vacation that way I can get the first week of the cycle out of the way while im gone. thats it at this point. More to come.

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
We have rock and sand.
c5196c59.jpg

I still have a full bag of tropic Eden reef flakes left over. Premium Aquatics recommended 4 bag, 120lbs. I bought 3 and only used 2, 60lbs total. That gave me about 2.5"-3" all around with a few deeper area in the back of tank. That should be plenty for any fish I add, for the most part. By the way this sand is awesome. Highly recommended. Still waiting on my sump. For the time being I'm gonna start off with a 15 gal tank I have laying around, then when the sump comes in I'll just switch it.

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The mp10's are holding great. In fact this is the upper limit on thickness as far as they are concerned.
I was concerned about flow a bit but to be honest there is more then enough. After filling the tank was a bit cloudy and that really allowed me to evaluate the flow levels. As for right now they are both set to reef crest and max out at the highest setting. I've also got a couple of koralia 750's that I may add also. But those can't go till the the other tank comes down. They are small enough that they could be pretty inconspicuous next to the overflow.

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
with the swing towards LED's what made you decide to stick with T5's? Not that I'm complaining or anything I'm just curious of your decision.

My other tank has them. I got the light at a good price. And for now I'm trying to keep the tank at a budget. Thats really the main reasons. I'll most likely make the change over to LED eventually. I was ready to pull the trigger on a eshines unit (aquamaster)but wanted to put the money elsewhere first. So really the T5 choice is all money related.

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Well I added two of my favorite rocks from my other tank to get the cycle underway. Here is a pic of the final aquascape. Time for lights out and then we wait. Thanks everyone who helped along the way.
f90fadd1.jpg

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Well everything has been going smoothly. Today was my first hiccup. I had been waiting to get for my real sump to hook up the ATO. In the meantime I've just been manually topping off the 15 gal I have running for a sump ATM. Well I'm leaving for vacation soon so I figured I'd try to set it up. The ATO is from autotopoff.com. I got the dual switch controller. When I went to test it, it will not turn on/off pump. I can hear the relay switching but the pump will not activate. I tried the pump and it is working just not with the ATO. I also tried a couple of other pumps I have laying around. They won't switch on either. So now I have a call out to ATO.com. Does anyone have one of these. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Anyway the tank is cycling nicely and I'm getting antsy. Can't wait. Anyway that's it ATM.

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Gotta check it again when I get home. ATO.com said that maybe the connection is not good. They told me to bend prongs in/out to make a better connection.
I can hear juice flowing just no movement. Ill give it a shot tonight

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: