Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Hi 1157 welcome to this great board happy to have u here:) ur tank looks very nice, don't get caught up adding so much live stock to ur tank . U need to let ur tank mature .
I would have liked for u to add a sump but it's ur choice, as alot of members said with a sump makes the tank look cleaner plus ur tank runs more efficiently. I had the same skimmer and it was good for a little while, till u start adding more fish corals and u start feeding, then u need a better skimmer. Once again welcome to manhattan reefs;)

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Nice tank, I love the 57 rimless (it is what I have for another week) I would also add a sump before you start putting too much into the tank but it is your decision. More water volume and a better skimmer will give you a much better chance of success down the road. As it stands, I think your frustration is likely to get worse as the tank gets stocked and your skimmer cannot keep up. How is that starfish going to survive in such a new tank?

BX1157

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey guys...it's been while. The 57g is doing fine however, I was thinking about downsizing for maintenance reasons. As you all know I have the 57g Deep Blue rimless (non reef-ready). I am running an Aqua C Remora HOB skimmer, 60 lbs of rock, and 60lbs of sand as my filtration. I was considering selling this set up and purchasing the tank I had prior to this one. That tank was the Mr. Aqua 33.6g...I absolutely loved the dimensions (24.8 x 17.7 x 17.7)...almost a cube, but just long enough to be a rectangle...if that makes any sense lol. This time around I want to drill the 33.6g and set up a sump for the first time :unsure: . The guy at my LFS is pretty helpful and is willing to help me out, but then again I wouldn't know the cost of setting up a sump so there's definitely a possibility of him overcharging me...or even worse he might push a product that his store offers while it might not be the best option for me. I am trying to compile a list of the things I would need...please offer any suggestions if you can and feel free to critique any of my selections...

1) Mr. Aqua 33.6g Rimless Tank (24.8 x 17.7 x 17.7)
2) Kessil A350w LED light (already own this)
3) Glass Holes 700gph Over Flow Kit (does it matter that this model has one drain vs. the 1500 that has two..more is always better, no? lol)
4) Plumbing?? - I have no idea what this should cost me!
5) ESHOPPS RS-75 Sump (not sure about this, they seem to be a reputable brand from what i've seen on forums...my only question is this sump only has one compartment, isn't a sump supposed to have two?...one to fit sand/rocks and another for skimmer/heater/etc?)
http://www.eshopps.com/products/filters/reefsumps/rs300/
6) Eheim 1200 return pump (i've heard many people swear by these things as being bullet proof and very reliable)
7) Reef Octopus NWB110 4" Pinwheels Protein Skimmer
8) Ecotech MP10

...that's about all i've thought of so far...do you guys think that's a decent setup?

57G Current Setup (FOR SALE...I will make a post soon)
dgqusp.jpg

33.6G
2m64utg.jpg

viplok

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
love the mr aqua route.
as for glass hole, 1 drain should be enough for this size tank (1.5inch drain). but two drains the best. i am currently running the 700gph setup on my 34 solana and i have zero problem. as for sump.. i think u can get a really nice set up from custom king, he know what he's doing with his sump. =]
GL!

BX1157

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
love the mr aqua route.
as for glass hole, 1 drain should be enough for this size tank (1.5inch drain). but two drains the best. i am currently running the 700gph setup on my 34 solana and i have zero problem. as for sump.. i think u can get a really nice set up from custom king, he know what he's doing with his sump. =]
GL!

thanks, I think downsizing but adding a sump will be much better!...what do you think of my setup list so far?....and who's custom king?

viplok

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
thanks, I think downsizing but adding a sump will be much better!...what do you think of my setup list so far?....and who's custom king?

a sump is definitely better, i dont see any probelm with the setup. so far so good! and CustomKing is one of the vendor here. he custom build sumps and tanks. a lot of guys here is running his sump, worth a look:sleepy:

BX1157

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
a sump is definitely better, i dont see any probelm with the setup. so far so good! and CustomKing is one of the vendor here. he custom build sumps and tanks. a lot of guys here is running his sump, worth a look:sleepy:

thanks!...I will definitely get in contact with CustomKing when I am ready for the new sump!

.....here are a few more pics of the setup for sale...not the best quality, I have yet to figure out how to work this camera!

1t3c7b.jpg

14ilf6c.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: