shookONES

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I learned a valuable lesson last night: DON'T ADD ANYTHING TO YOUR REEF YOU DON'T PLAN TO KEEP FOR LIFE! I had to disassemble the rock structure on the right to catch the Clarkii clown out of my tank to make way for this week's new additions. OMG talk about misery!

On the bright side, I was never too thrilled with the right side of my tank. It was just too square and boulder-esque for my taste. I took the opportunity to rework it and, I'll admit, I'm very happy.

These will also be the last iPhone pics as I picked up a DSLR this morning :pimp:

IMG_0367.jpg

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
The monti is a sunset or reverse sunset monti (i have that one but forget)

The ones you listed as utter chaos look like magicians.

The blue orange look like fire/ice or something similar.

And the cluster seems to have some morphs including radioactive dragon eyes.

Some nice stuff!

shookONES

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Thanks for the IDs. I picked up two new chalices last night. One is a Hollywood Stunner and the other I'll need an ID on as well. I'll post pics in a few days once they settle in.

@Anthony...I usually keep the water a few inches above the final baffle. I was just lazy the day I snapped those pics. I'm topping off manually for now :( .

shookONES

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hey Mike if you ever see yourself in the Greenville area almost going to Bayonne NJ. Head to world reefs aquarium contact Bart he as some nice frags but get in contact with him first. I believe he goes by appointment.

I've got a few friends in Bayonne, so I'll definitely keep that in mind. Though, when it comes time to make the SPS jump, I'd prefer to buy a bunch of frags from someone fragging their established SPS tank. I'm going to take it easy for the next month or so and get everything dialed in before taking the plunge.

shookONES

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I've been dying for a pair of designer clowns, so imagine my surprise when I found someone selling a bunch on Craigslist not too far from my house. I scored this beautiful pair of Black Ice for a screaming good deal.

blackicetwo.jpg

blackiceone.jpg

shookONES

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Well, its been a crazy couple of weeks for me in terms of reefing. Coming up a little short on money led me to rethink my stay in the hobby. I began to part out this tank, selling off the original Tek light, skimmer, fish, and livestock. Thankfully, amidst the sales, things worked themselves out and I was able to salvage what was left of my tank.

I've since bought another 6 bulb Tek light and pair of clowns (true perculas from Aquatic Obsession). I'm running skimmerless right now, but will add one in the near future.

Here we go again...
22dec2012_zps76c9b5d4.jpg

shookONES

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Thanks guys! I picked up one of my favorite fish from Aquatic Obsession yesterday...a Yasha goby. I haven't seen him since l added it, but I hope he becomes more confident as time goes on. I'm ready to start buying some SPS for this tank next...

shookONES

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Added a juvenile Mystery Wrasse and Coral Banded Shrimp in the past few days. I also grabbed some SPS frags from Will at Aquatic Obsession before Christmas. Things are going full steam ahead...pics coming tonight.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: