shookONES

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Here are some new SPS I got from AO today. IDK what's what, as I was kinda just pointing and Will was bagging.

26dec2012b_zpse1094358.jpg

And here is my new guy. He's one of the coolest and most inquisitive fish I've ever owned. TONS of personality here. I just hope he leaves my inverts alone!

26dec2012c_zps902d6875.jpg

26dec2012d_zps43d1482c.jpg

He ate mysis at Absolutely Fish, but didn't hesitate to stuff his face on tonight's pellet/flake.

shookONES

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
By chance, I was browsing the classifieds late last night before bed and saw someone selling a SRO XP1000sss skimmer for cheap. I had ordered a Vertex IN80 earlier that morning, but this deal was too good to pass up. I beat the snow and raced into the city this morning and scored this gem...

SROxp1000sss_zpsf108a055.jpg

Its a beast compared to my SWC120 I had previously. This thing is HUGE...so much so that had it been 1" bigger in any direction it wouldn't have fit in my sump. Now the question is...who's in the market for a brand newVertex IN80 skimmer? $120 picked up! ;)

shookONES

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Thanks Ed! I never actually emptied the tank. The rock and sand stayed wet the entire time. I just sold off some equipment and livestock. We're back and better than ever right now.

Tank is looking good, couple of the SPS look like acros, any close ups?

Nice to see a familiar username from MFK here as well, I'm TheMightyOscar over there.

You caught me! I got tired of the giant, over priced, unattainable, freshwater stuff. Reefs are on a whole different level when it comes to interest. I'm hooked for life.

shookONES

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Same here man, freshwater has become boring to me, i don't think I've even looked at a freshwater fish in over a year.

Ill always have love for pbass and dats, but you're right. Keeping big fish is one thing...maintaining an ecosystem is infinitely more rewarding.

Your 26g was a nice little tank. I can't wait to see what you do with the solana. I actually almost went that route before deciding on the 40 breeder.

shookONES

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
How's the skimmer?

The skimmer rips. It was a little loud at first but is quieting down as this get coated in slime. I've got the Vertex IN80 coming this week too. I've got to return or sell that thing!

And here are some iPhone shots. The Yasha Goby has become quite the confident fish in the past couple of days. I went 2 weeks without seeing him, and now he's got 2 burrows where he resides...one right up front, and one in the back corner. Awesome little fish. I can't wait to get a pistol shrimp for him.

Here's the cleaner shrimp with the Yasha peeking out in the back
IMG_0560_zpsdb020b30.jpg

And here's the melee that took place with my Coral Banded and cleaner shrimp went after the same bit of food.
IMG_0561_zps1e4da966.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: