• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Plumbing all done

065FB91F-A5C1-4041-93EA-CF54EC3D8630-36899-00000CCF41579236_zps96d307a3.jpg

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Im a little confused with hooking up my meanwell dimmable driver to my apex. I have a cat 5 cable that i would use but dont know what goes where. And if i still have to use the 10 v power supply i bought.

If anyone knows or has a pucture or video of wiring everything up it would be greatly appreciated...

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Hey Tony, I already RB'ed you, but I'll try to explain here too. You can use any ethernet cable and just cut off one connector. Sometimes different colors are used in CAT5 cables, I would just determine which wire goes to which prong in plug. On the meanwell side you need RJ45 connector like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/25-Pcs-LOT-...le-Socket-Punch-Down-Jack-White-/350568310463 You can buy it in Lowes or HD.
Follow my article for correct connections- one variable speed outlet will give you two channels of control. Additionaly, you don't really need to have Meanwell drivers connected to EB8- as soon as variable speed outlet dimming signal goes below 10%, Meanwell shuts down LEDs anyway. Hope that helps.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Ok so on to my next issue. I almost had a disaster :eek: my pbt beat up my achilles. I came home from work and seen my achilles in bad shape so i quickly scooped him out and put him in my frag tank. He has been in there since. He is very healthy now and active and is getting along with my blue hippo i got recently. I think im going to have to take out my pbt and clown tang to avoid him getting beat up again. Although i did not see the clown tang beat him up but i dont want this fish getting hurt or possibly death.

Ive been reading if i take them both out and place them in the frag tank and put my achilles and blue hippo in pretty much a timeout for the pbt and clown tang it might change his dominance in the tank. I really dont want to get rid of
The pbt and clown tang but i cant risk it with my achilles..

What to do, what to do....

Preerecord

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Congrats on pumpkin.....
But whats that making me wanna grow an afro and put on roller skates and call myself "Huggy Bear"? LOL
Yeah seriously, What lights are those? I'm new to the LED game, because theres so much controversy on this forum and getting the best out of this hobby...

LowezAkar24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.6%
35   2   0
LowezAkar24

Congrats on pumpkin.....
But whats that making me wanna grow an afro and put on roller skates and call myself "Huggy Bear"? LOL
Yeah seriously, What lights are those? I'm new to the LED game, because theres so much controversy on this forum and getting the best out of this hobby...

What do you use to control the lights? Is this the same setup as the new RapidLed's you are testing?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: