lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I pump all the water up to my basement into a big rubbermaid and then I run a hose from my reactors directly to the toilet. I hit a switch on my controller and it starts draining. As it's doing that it's replacing water from the rubbermaid like an ATO. It works very nice :)

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Ok here is the story of the night (like i needed this garbage)

I did a 20 gallon water change tonite all was good. Then i had changed out carbon and added phosban to another reactor that was offline. So i thought to myself what else can i do (Bad Choice) should of walked away at this point. I decided to take out airline part of the skimmer. I did that, cleaned it out and was putting it back on. I went to push it back in place and my hand and arm hit the side of the sump :eek: (crack all the way to the bottom) :banghead:. I quickly shut off overflow and return. ran around for a little bit saying ohhh noooo ohhhh noooo. It was leaking into my stand (which is sealed with killz and silicone around the edges and up in the corners (thankgod)

i got buckets that i had from doing the water change and sucked out the overflow/skimmer chamber. Take out the skimmer and start removing everything out of the sump. i look inside the overflow/skimmer chamber and come to realize that i have 2 baby bangai cardinal fish :biggrin: (made me happy). Although i took em out and put them in the tank. Hopefully they make it but doubt it. They where the size of a grain of rice. (My bangai has babies in his mouth again :biggrin:)

Just wanted to give an update on my tank situation. Everything is back up and running with the sump rich made me but no baffles. Tomorrow after work i will be off to petco to pic up another sump and get the baffles siliconed in (awesome more work) Got my new skimmer coming on wednesday :party:. I did not need this but in the end everything survived and i had a heart attack :)......

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Next sump started
ACDF1557-EEF6-4D41-A6BA-51C5879052D4-3599-000002F3B66CE8C9_zpscc7cca27.jpg

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
lol@MW3

I hate when I tell myself to stop....keep going and an issue arises! Luckily you were saved by your prevent method from the start. Congrats on saving everything!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: