robscool

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Here's an example of a 29g sump I built for my 75. I wanted to have a larger refugium, so i opted for this design. Never had an issue with micro bubbles in the DT. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354499021.396461.jpg

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Getting better T. I would take another three inches from the skimmer chamber and put that into the fuge as well. No reason to have an excessive space 15" in the overflow chamber. 12" should work just fine. You'll benefit more with that space in the fuge.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Now we're rocking. That looks super.

And as for you Jaa, I'm going to put myself out on a limb here, but I think Tony was missing a question mark at the end of his statement, which would have made it a question, asking me if the new diagram was 'better Russ?'. ;)

R

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
yea its awesome pete getting new stuff for a new tank or old :biggrin:

jaa yea its pretty big even with the space saving design.. the 3000 is 12.5x11

so this is the next set of measurements i have for the sump for future upgrade of skimmer :scratch:

Attachments

• sump123456.jpg
    sump123456.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 628
Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Changed out phosban and added carbon reactor with 1 n 1/2 cups to tank. Will be taking out mp10's today n hookin up mp40's today as well :eek:

Yea pete thats what im doing but ill prob put em on the back of the tank one higher then the other. The rock is from reefrocks.net

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: