Rating - 100%
64   0   0
lol still gotta put the doors, add trim to doors, condition the wood, stain the wood, move my 60 gallon cube over. position the new stand where its gonna go, build the sump, drill holes for return and overflow. a few more things to do but its coming will knock out a few things tom. also gotta make the diy mesh screen cover. :headache::spin::party:

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Frame is done gotta order more screen
65CAC7EC-CD12-4558-A9B8-CCE9749D236B-35479-00001F65FF36ED4A.jpg

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Which padding should i use and should it be inside the botom frame or have the fram sitting on the pad.
ive been reading that with a frame on the bottom you shouldnt use any foam cause it might put unwanted stress on the glass.

Next desicion is stain color the wifey is voicing her opinions :arg:

Last edited:

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Which padding should i use and should it be inside the botom frame or have the fram sitting on the pad.
ive been reading that with a frame on the bottom you shouldnt use any foam cause it might put unwanted stress on the glass.

Next desicion is stain color the wifey is voicing her opinions :arg:

You mean between the stand and the floor or the sump and the stand? I cut a yoga mat and put it under my sump.

Listen to her...OBEY...before you end up in the street sleeping in your empty tank! :lol2::sgrin:

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
for under the DT between the DT and Stand.

and she must obey me at all times or else :smash: and no :bunnies: :lol2:

Foam board from HD...duh! That's what everyone that I know uses...haven't seen anyone use anything else under a rimless. Where did you get this info? Now you have me curious.

EDIT: The only reason that I've heard about it causing stress to the glass is if it's a rimmed tank and would cause issues with the floating glass. Hopefully someone will chime in.

Bahaha...you are so full of sh*t...admit it! That's the typical male response and you would NEVER say that to her face! lmao You know Mrs. Scoots would kick your butt! :smash: Go Mrs. Scoots! haha

I actually introduced the manchild to the dog house yesterday...it was epic. He kept saying he was going to call the cops on me. lmao :sgrin:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: