masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Instead of running a short 9" tall refugium (because the baffles need to successively get shorter) in the center of your sump, why not split the overflow and direct 80/20 or 70/30 (or whatever ratio you determine is appropriate) to your socks on one side and the opposite end of the sump have your fuge with a height all the way to the top of your sump? Have your skimmer chamber either within your sock chamber, or have it the following chamber. Then have your return chamber between your skimmer and your fuge.

JM $.02

R

RFADCT

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fuge design, I have a 55g sump with the same design only my skimmer is before fuge after the overflow chamber so it catches mostly everything that the sock doesnt that way the water returning to tank from fuge is perfect. My fuge is 13 inches wide 14 inches tall and 14 inches long. Nice Job! Good luck with the build.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Its home, thanks larry....

And we are off!

66B53130-86BC-4D81-A252-8C3B4E6282CA-10113-000005EE05F2DF99.jpg

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
gonna be selling it...
Tank
lights
sump
stand

and then eventually
2 mp10wes
skimmer

trying to decide either to go 6 bulb or 8 bulb t5. id rather have more of bulbs for color combo but think 6 bulb is more then enough....

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: