Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
wow i havent even seen your upgrade yet Havi! very nice job with that stand you made! and that size on the rimless is also perfect! cant wait to see pics of your corals growing out the water :)

CancerverO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
wow i havent even seen your upgrade yet Havi! very nice job with that stand you made! and that size on the rimless is also perfect! cant wait to see pics of your corals growing out the water :)

thank you man.. your stand is not bad either .. yes that is the idea.. corals all over and no rock l0)

Attachments

• IMG_9889.JPG
    IMG_9889.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_9877.JPG
    IMG_9877.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 410

CancerverO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
yo everything looks awesome! but the heater is killing the whole thing bro lol :type:

seriously I would have you build my stand if I knew you are that handy great job dude!

Tell me about it :(... Here is the thing .. I put heater in the sump but it is not heating the water enought in the DT... Perhaps water is not going up fast enought? I have to hide that .. But water was too cold and my red planet (now brown planet) didn't like it .. So fr now I moved the heater up ... But I HAVE to hide it

Thanks man ... Loving the stand and tank ..

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Javier!!!!!
This whole build is nothing short of AWESOME!! I love everything about it.;) I am subscribing... Gotta see what it looks like a year from now.:)

pmark85

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Tell me about it :(... Here is the thing .. I put heater in the sump but it is not heating the water enought in the DT... Perhaps water is not going up fast enought? I have to hide that .. But water was too cold and my red planet (now brown planet) didn't like it .. So fr now I moved the heater up ... But I HAVE to hide it

Thanks man ... Loving the stand and tank ..

Great looking set up, Javier! Why don't you use two smaller heaters- 150w each so it can be a fail safe as well?

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Great looking set up, Javier! Why don't you use two smaller heaters- 150w each so it can be a fail safe as well?

Just what I was going to say.

Also, do you have the heater on some kind of controller? I forget if you run an Apex. It would be interesting to know how often the heater is actually coming on. A plot of that and actual temperature would be illuminating.

How many watts is that existing heater? Display water volume? You have an internal return pump too that should be heating things up at least a little. Curious.

CancerverO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
looking good old friend

Thank you brother - how you been man?

Nice job on the tank. Has the look and feel of an ELOS system. Great job on the aquascape!

Thank you.. but better cuz it was less $$$ ;0)

looks good Jav...keep up the great work SON..

SON!!! you alive dude.. how is everything with you?

Javier!!!!!
This whole build is nothing short of AWESOME!! I love everything about it.;) I am subscribing... Gotta see what it looks like a year from now.:)

Ooooh.. thank you Awi.. your tank is not bad looking I saw the bridge.. cant wait until yours fills up too!

CancerverO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
116   0   0

True.. I put this heater iinside of the overflow box but I think it wasnt heating the water enough.. I am gonna try again and put another heater in the sump..

Just what I was going to say.

Also, do you have the heater on some kind of controller? I forget if you run an Apex. It would be interesting to know how often the heater is actually coming on. A plot of that and actual temperature would be illuminating.

How many watts is that existing heater? Display water volume? You have an internal return pump too that should be heating things up at least a little. Curious.

no man.. no controller but it is time to get one..

CancerverO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
quick update

Quick Update - so far corals are doing great and growing... only sand is bit dirty ( it has some cyano - thinking since it is a new tank)

Enjoy the pics :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_9939.JPG
    IMG_9939.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_9940.JPG
    IMG_9940.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_9942.JPG
    IMG_9942.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 925
  • IMG_9943.JPG
    IMG_9943.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_9944.JPG
    IMG_9944.JPG
    278.7 KB · Views: 874
  • IMG_9945.JPG
    IMG_9945.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 943
  • IMG_9947.JPG
    IMG_9947.JPG
    261.5 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_9953.JPG
    IMG_9953.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 869
  • IMG_9952.JPG
    IMG_9952.JPG
    265.3 KB · Views: 1,009
  • IMG_9949.JPG
    IMG_9949.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 881
  • IMG_9948.JPG
    IMG_9948.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 944
  • IMG_9946.JPG
    IMG_9946.JPG
    211.1 KB · Views: 916
  • IMG_9954.JPG
    IMG_9954.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_9955.JPG
    IMG_9955.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 890

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: