albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Bellissimo acquario, da quant'? che l'avete iniziato? Mi interessa molto com'? questo hobby l? in Italia in paragone a qui in America. Buon natale!
R
-Fortunato

io ho iniziato da due anni, questa ? la seconda vasca, la prima non ? andata molto bene , sia perch? sono stato consigliato male, sia per errori miei di inesperienza.
questa vasca spero di aver iniziato con il piede giusto, sono seguito da gente che usa il sistema zeovit, e chiacchierando con altri reefer spero di cogliere pi? consigli possibili, grazie anche a Voi di Manhattan reefs,
ho iniziato questo acquario da 10 giorni, ieri ho inserito altri 30kg di rocce in sump, non voglio rovinare il layeMkr della vasca. vi posto una foto della sump con le rocce,
ciao a presto
(in English)
I started two years ago, this is the second tank, the first did not go very well, either because they have been badly advised, both for my mistakes of inexperience.
I hope I have this tank started on the right foot, followed by people who use the ZEOvit, and chatting with other reefer hope to capture much guidance as possible, thanks to you in Manhattan reefs,
I started this aquarium for 10 days, yesterday I added other 30kg of rocks in the sump, I do not want to damage the layer of the tank. I'll post a picture of the sump with the rocks,
hello to you soon
Thank you for the translation, I was worried that Fortunato had said something bad about me!
:rolleyes:

gaetano

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because I'm Italian, but not Sicilian !!!!, I'll have to make him an offer he can't refuse!

Sorry, I was just joking...Fortunato is a good friend of mine... Hope that it's not lost in translation!
Still no problem.
I knew that you were joking and certainly a friend of Fortunato.
maybe we lose a little in translation, but separate us 6000 km and a different language, then the way we play is different.
but our hobby makes us feel very close.
see you soon

gaetano

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all
after 13 days of ZEOvit, optimal values??, I added two small fish from the old tank, a nose liturathus and a flavescent to take away green algae, the bubbles are gone.
Yesterday I added the Discosoma, everything ok
test
KH 8.1
MG 1300
CA 420
K 460
00 NO3

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 260
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 254
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 252

gaetano

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all.
I arrived at day 18, the tank is full of green algae such as hair,
the two fish eat much algae, but they can not remove them all,
What do I do now? I put some photos,
algae are of all the rocks and those lives that those dry, except on the right pillar, the pillar is made up of everything from rock, how come there is not checked at all?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 241
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 237
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 243
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 241

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Happy New Year! The phos is a little high. We try to keep phosphate as low as possible, around .03 You can try more frequent water changes or running a gfo (granulated ferric oxide) rector to help lower your
phosphate

Last edited:

allenjj

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations

Really nice job on your set up especially the sump and control panel. Very clean and well thought out. Its great to share a hobby with people from all over the world.

gaetano

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 turbo snails and this hedgehog in two days this rock full of algae was clean, fish, snails and sea urchin a great team of cleaners.

Attachments

• 20130101_153132.jpg
    20130101_153132.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 20130101_153158.jpg
    20130101_153158.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 194

gaetano

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy New Year! The phos is a little high. We try to keep phosphate as low as possible, around .03 You can try more frequent water changes or running a gfo (granulated ferric oxide) rector to help lower your
phosphate

hello fishman
in ZEOvit reactors are not recommended for phosphate,
however, tomorrow I will do another test, but I think the eye is reacting system, the algae are slowly fading away, waiting for the next week, then I'll decide,
happy New Year

gaetano

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all
the tank was walking well, grows, the fish do their duty with sea urchin and turbo snails, Sunday I hope to put a clown fish in my old tub and next week a small acropora to act as a guinea pig.
here is a picture of the tank current
in the old tank I also in symbiosis with the anemone clown fish, you advise me to put the anemone or even better let it go?

Attachments

• 20130104_183435.jpg
    20130104_183435.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 175

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: