jcdeng

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Finally got the ELOS tank up and running, I have always wanted to set up a bigger tank since the move and break down of the 55g. But this is the longest I have spent setting up a tank, 4 long months, a lot of little bumps along the way, but I guess in this hobby patience is virtue right?

Alright, enough of the BS. Lets get to the pictures, "this thread is worthless without pictures" right? lol

quick shot of my old tank
IMG_1988.jpg

Moved, set up new Elos in the basement. I wanted to get a bigger one, but luckily I restrain myself cuz the 120 barely fit through my back door and the staircase.
IMG_2338_zps26de9bde.jpg

Put in egg crate on the bottom glass part
IMG_2341_zpsf388297f.jpg

BRS eco rock, took me a good while to put all the pieces into the right place to create a somewhat acceptable aquascape.
IMG_2348_zpscbd78d41.jpg

Side shot, took extra pictures so I can remember the arrangement when I transfer the pieces into tank
IMG_2342_zps31c7ada1.jpg

Transferred, its actually very hard to put them back the way I had it, so I made a little change with few pieces. I like the new look better anyways.
IMG_2351_zpsa0fd5d19.jpg

Top shot:
IMG_2354_zpsa85e103c.jpg

Put up light hanging bars, this is one of those bumps along the way cuz the first time one of the two bars didn't fit together, had to go back to Elos to get a replacement.
IMG_2352_zpsdf936765.jpg

Fill up sand and salt water.
IMG_2364_zps87e1b040.jpg

Hyperion R2 finally arrived. And that my dog, Samuel, getting bored cuz the new light took all my attention.
IMG_2377_zps29e1a6d8.jpg

IMG_2376_zps1cd62088.jpg

Light is up! Heating up the water, getting ready for cycle.
IMG_2416_zps6d044d3e.jpg

After the previous picture Sandy came and my tank was stuck in that stage with powerheads running in it for 3-4 weeks. But finally was able to continue with putting in the sump and plumbing.

**I have to Thank Jimmy and Vince at CoralTheory for taking the time out of their busy schedule of moving the store in the midst of Sandy and help build me this great looking custom sump and set up the plumbing and equipment for me.
IMG_2418_zps537cec99.jpg

I know, A mess of wires lol.
IMG_2419_zps371a0511.jpg

Clean it up the best I could
IMG_3056_zpsa80bc3a3.jpg

Tunze ATO
IMG_3060_zpsee2bc511.jpg

Neptune Apex. Gave me the most trouble, but after learning how to set up the programs and connect my vortechs, LOVE THIS THING.
IMG_3066_zpse51b268e.jpg

IMG_3061_zps5bf8ce9d.jpg

Some final shots: (for now)
IMG_3064_zps8b5eaf09.jpg

IMG_3063_zpsa6cd5bbd.jpg

Thank you for viewing. :givebeer:

jcdeng

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I agree. You might want to think about setting up the electronic equipment in a small cabinet outside the sump.

Have any updated pictures?

Yeah, I noticed some salt creep on the equipment when I do maintenance and I usually wipe them down with a wet cloth. I stuffed all of them in the cabinet to achieve the minimalistic/clean look on the outside. Its kind of a headache now to try to move them but I think I can find time to at least move the Apex pieces.

jcdeng

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Got more Pics let me know how it goes with those rocks. Did you treat them prior? They have a big issue with phosphates. I struggling with mine and treated with weeks with Lantium Chloride and rinse.

Pictures are coming, waiting for my Avast porthole to come in the mail for some coral shots. The rocks didn't give me much of a problem, maybe its because I have them sitting in the water a whole month before I added anything to the tank. My chaetos are not growing that fast so I guess they are not really leaching that much phosphate? or maybe its my phosban reactor. Anyway I hope they stay that way cuz I don't want to have H.A. boom when i add my corals and longer light period.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: