Rating - 94.6%
105   6   0
Just looked over your thread. Nice work. Instead of adding a new 40, why not add a larger display tank. Say a 120 or something. Then the two original tanks are QT and frag all linked together with a UV on the down line from the QT tank.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Picture update of some recent additions:

31nm.jpg

xl5r.jpg

l53v.jpg

jlxr.jpg

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
My tanks are in really bad shape. My dad went on vacation and day before return pump died. Replaced it with the jaebo but was on low setting and not enough pressure. I haven't visited in a few weeks and almost cried when I saw the conditions. Lots of algae and cyano. Frags were covered in sand and lost some but hopefully none completely. I am doing a major cleaning and water change as well as media. Also going to order some frag racks and hd camera. I'm so tired after my residency this past week but have a ton of work still to do. Luckily I got here when I did I think another day or two and it would have been way worse and beyond saving.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Ebay focalpointdsn is the name of the seller. Just ordered three of these one for each 40 breeder and one for my nano. See my 14g AIO thread or his other listings for the "smaller" version I got also and am currently using.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I just got the message that the return tubing came off the Jebao dc-6000 pump (too much pressure as it doesn't fit tight). I have zip ties but evidently its not enough. This happened early in the am so there is water everywhere. Not good with a metal stand and carpeted floor (even though I have a rubber mat) this was a lot of water probably 20 gallons.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
It's been a while and the tanks have been through some ups and downs. I finally got back down there this weekend and put in some work. Here are some recent pictures:

08bx.jpg

ykri.jpg

0ott.jpg

Also finally finished mounting my new 1080p webcam and am just waiting on Comcast to unblock a port for me but for now it works on my phone:
vb2a.jpg

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Not sure why it looks squished (doesn't on the phone) but here is a snapshot from my phone feed:

uomm.jpg

(This is in complete darkness except the fuge light that is why its b/w)

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Bought myself some livestock coming in tomorrow:

Lyertail Anthia Female
High fin Perchlet
Blue Macneill Assessor
Red Banded Pistol
Hi Fin Red Banded Goby
Red Fromia Star
Blue Linckia Star

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Just the male the females keep disappearing. I didn't get that last fish order as they didn't ship it Wednesday and wanted to send it for tomorrow instead but Im back in0 NYC.

Im working on plumbing the frag tank into that system so when I bring stuff down it doesn't disappear into the sandbed. I only get down every few weeks and devastates me to see stuff gone or not doing well.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Ok new fish/invert order being placed today. Ordered a marble fromia, blue linkia, pair of vermiculite leopard wrasse, female lyertail anthia, yashia goby and randals shrimp :)

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: