robscool

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
What's up MR-

I've been lurking on this site for the better part of 2 years. Lots of great info and members. I have some of your frags in my tank, some of your old equipment on my rig, and certainly many of your ideas in my brain, so thanks for all of that. But I digress..
My tank has been running for just over 7 years. In that time it's gone from a FO to FOWLR to a Mixed (started playing with equipment and SPS about 1.5 yrs ago).
One day I hope to author a brand new crazy tank build, but my confused 75 will have to do for now. I'm going to work backwards with the thread..enjoy.

Tank: 75 AGA RR Corner Flow
Sump: 29 Gallon converted to sump and refugium
Lights: 2xBoost LED
Movement: MP40wES and MP10wES
Controller: Apex Lite
Skimmer: SRO 1000INT
ATO: JBJ, 20H holding tank with Kalk
Dosers: 2xDrew's Dosers (12 drops iodide/day, 18 drops strontium/day)
Run: BRS Carbon, BRS GFO, Dr. Tim's Bio Pellets, Red Sea Coral Pro Salt

Here are some crappy iphone pics from today. I will load up lots of pictures of then and now soon. :thrash:

Mr. Grump in his Frogspawn/Hammer Paradise
photo-7.jpg

LPS Avenue
photo-9.jpg

New Frags from Sunny and others
photo-6.jpg

From a 2 inch frag of monti I got from Josh a little over a year ago
photo-8.jpg

Before and after shot of my Finger Leather
Before:
Picture 089.jpg

After:
photo-10.jpg

Duncan (picked up as a 2 head frag from Aquatic Obsessions) and Monti from Rookie
photo-12.jpg

Elegance purchased at Fauna
photo-13.jpg

Left side of tank
photo-14.jpg

Kole Tang from MRA
photo.jpg

Attachments

• photo-11.jpg
    photo-11.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 136

robscool

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
tank looks good, but question ( Dosers: 2xDrew's Dosers (12 drops iodide/day, 18 drops strontium/day ) are you testing for this ?

Well, not really. I test my calcium, alk, mag, nitrate and phospates bi-weekly. I know that I should be testing anything that I add into the tank.:smash:, but I seem to get better coloration and much more coralline growth with these small additions.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
looks great lmk when u fragging lol and i do the same thing like u bro i throw in a pinch of this and that and its been working for me also so keep up the good work

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: