jose7878

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone yay a little introduction of myself. My name is Jose , I live in Hammonton , Nj you know the Blueberry country of the world. Well I started this hobby about 10 yrs ago with a 10 gal fresh water tank. Now I have a 150 gal DT.

The tank has been running now for 11 months .
I had a total of 2 tank crashes in thise 11 months that almost made me leave this wonderful hobby.
1st crash was due to a cracked heater the killed all my corals
2nd was due to a bad batch of salt
So now this is my 3rd go around

jose7878

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank equipment bio is
150 DT , 40gal sump , 40gal frag tank, korallin calcium reactor , 2x mp40's , 250 watt MHL, Xp 2000cone skimmer , 1/3 chiller .

I built my stand and canopy , I was looking to do something a little fancy so this is what I made.
photo-23.jpg

This the stand stained
photo-25.jpg

This is how the tank looks now
photo-96.jpg

Right now waiting for thing to grow out.

jose7878

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice carpentry job Jose....looking good! No fishes?

Thank you samksy. I do have a fish list it's awfully small could never decide on what fishes I wanted.
Fish list consist of
2 yellow tangs ( 1 is in DT , 1 in the frag tank just got this one )
1 coral beauty
1 blue/ green damsel
1 Multicolor Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse
1 Filefish ( he's in the frag tank just picked him up )

That's it for fish for now until I decide hat else to get.

jose7878

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice carpentry job Jose....looking good! No fishes?

Thank you samksy. I do have a fish list it's awfully small could never decide on what fishes I wanted.
Fish list consist of
2 yellow tangs ( 1 is in DT , 1 in the frag tank just got this one )
1 coral beauty
1 blue/ green damsel
1 Multicolor Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse
1 Filefish ( he's in the frag tank just picked him up )

That's it for fish for now until I decide what else to get.

jose7878

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skip the second yellow tang and go for a black tang.

The tang that I want the the most is the Purple Tang. But haven't found a price that I'm willing to fork over for him. The 2nd tang I paid $10 for him he was beating up another tang in the previous owners tank so he wanted him out. So I just put him in my frag tank until I decided what I want to do with him.

jose7878

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing after my crash with the bad salt. I decided to go with NSW from the Atlantic City Beaches. So far I have had nothing but great coloration and growth from my corals. Since using the NSW.

robscool

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
The tang that I want the the most is the Purple Tang. But haven't found a price that I'm willing to fork over for him. The 2nd tang I paid $10 for him he was beating up another tang in the previous owners tank so he wanted him out. So I just put him in my frag tank until I decided what I want to do with him.

definitely a ride for you, but MRA in Yonkers has AMAZING deals on Purple Tangs...I saw good size PTs for ~70.00

Also, Jersey Shore water in your reef tank?? I never thought to do that. Do you filter it before putting it into your tanks?

jose7878

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definitely a ride for you, but MRA in Yonkers has AMAZING deals on Purple Tangs...I saw good size PTs for ~70.00

Also, Jersey Shore water in your reef tank?? I never thought to do that. Do you filter it before putting it into your tanks?

All I do is run it thru a 200micron filter sock. Heat it up to DT temp and do my water change.

jose7878

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some new fish received it from from Live Aquaria.
1 Yellow Wrasse
2 Bartlett's Anthias
1 Naso Tang
2 Maldives Lyretail Anthias
1 Juvenile Emperor Angelfish

But the naso tang arrived DOA
Then at night I lost a Bartlett . Which I saw it coming since the whole acclimation process it was breathing rapid and laying on the bottom of the tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: