Rating - 100%
90   0   0
And so I did what I wanted to do for a long time- build a complete custom tank on a tight budget:) I really like building my own systems so that was fun. In addition to that, this is the first time I actually found some time to do a tank thread and share what I built. First of all, I would like to help everybody who helped me with this project:

-my other half Kamila for letting me have that real estate in living room, for constantly supporting my crazy hobby, photography and for aquascaping- I'm telling you, let woman organize your rocks and you will be amazed how much better she is in LR design; my aquascaping is entirely her idea, I just helped her mounting LR together
-Marek (reefoman) from Reefomania for his knowledge in building custom tanks and for designing my stand for me; his cabinetry work is amazing, I only wish I'd let him spraypaint it for me (the tight budget dilemma:))
-Richie (rkaragozler) for getting the glass, putting the tank and sump together and for tons of information he shared with me during the build process
-Nottick for welding me two light brackets for my DIY light
-Marcin, a friend from my workplace who helped me build a Corian enclosure for the light (and my boss for letting me use scraps:))
-James for... well, we didn't do much cause we drink every time we get together, but that's cool too:)
if I forgot somebody, yell at me and I will straight it up.

The tank's info:

-100g custom build tank, 48x24x20H? with three sides low iron glass and center glass overflow
-custom made, modern design cabinet grade stand that matches the tank
-DIY glass sump that matches inside stand dimensions

Light:

DIY LED light I built myself, featuring three color channels controlable by Apex controller. The outside shell is made out of white Corian and it hangs on custom made aluminum brackets. I have cool white, neutral white, blue, green, cyan and near UV diodes in it

Equipment:

Eheim 1260 return pump
2x Tunze 6105 pumps controlled by Apex- I have six different profiles that create random flow throughout the day
-Bubble King Mini 160 skimmer
-Eheim Jager heater
-Tunze Osmolator ATO
-two media reactors fed by return pump using a manifold and gate valves
-Bubble Magus dosing system

Fish:

Halichoeres wrasse (can't find the full latin name )
Yellow coris wrasse (Halichoeres chrysus)
Pygmy Atlantic Angelfish (Centropyge argi)
Ocellaris clownfish pair (laying eggs)
Neon goby (Elacatinus oceanops) (in the overflow, I don't know how he ended up there)
Kole Tang (Ctenochaetus strigosus)
Algae blenny (Salarias fasciatus)
Midas Blenny (Ecsenius midas)
Flame Hawkfish Neocirrhites armatus

I would like to have a pair of Watanabei angelfish and maybe one more wrasse, we'll see (I always push it when it comes to fish:))

Here are a couple of pics from the build. I will also write a series of articles about this build, so check reefs.com for this series.

Building the tank with Resat

tankbuild_zps560e5c09.jpg

richie_zps1796a771.jpg

Building the stand

standbuilding_zps62a17752.jpg

stand2_zpsbcfcd6e9.jpg

The sump

baffles_zps6709fe30.jpg

Manifold to feed the reactors

manifold_zpsc81223b5.jpg

LED light build

ledsarray_zps7cf89878.jpg

lightenclosure_zps23608a97.jpg

corian_zps4ddceb83.jpg

Leveling

leveling_zps259423bd.jpg

level_zps14ab6674.jpg

shims_zpsf39e0e96.jpg

Light bracket with power for LEDs

lightbracket_zps51014b1d.jpg

Loc-line return

locline_zps4b8d8f0a.jpg

And the final look

sump2_zps2f663c3d.jpg

sump_zpse020da67.jpg

light_zpsb50b70f3.jpg

tank_zps393952e4.jpg

tank2_zps3d4390af.jpg

sumpnobaffles_zps2e78a942.jpg

Hanging some pictures above my setup

pictures_zps097a9f44.jpg

I will try to post some pictures of my livestock and rockwork later when the lights turn on

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Thanks man. Here's what I was upgrading from:

2012-01-27190032_zpse6a66fff.jpg

And here are first tank photos:

011312_zpse567386c.jpg

pts2_zpsb3b594f4.jpg

pts1_zps040ca031.jpg

As you see I lost most of my colonies, unfortunately. I am looking to rebuild them with some favorite sps like hydnophora, birds of paradise, various stylos and pocilliporas, so if anyone can hook me up I would appreciate it.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
My current fish. I wanted to take a picture of my new wrasse, but he dove into the sand before I could grab the camera. I guess he needs to adjust to my light schedule.

Midas Blenny (makumba)

midas_zps29dfb435.jpg

Algae blenny (Beniek)

beniek_zps98850ba7.jpg

Wrasse (Helio)

christmaswrasse_zps93d15436.jpg

Kole tang (Tangarina) and Hawkfish (Rebel)

DSC_0083_zps8bc6ae2f.jpg

Goby (Gobik)

DSC_0080_zps2e490297.jpg

Cherub angel (Angela)

DSC_0045_zps5d4b0251.jpg

Male clownfish (Parribo)

clown2_zps159a542d.jpg

Female (Parriba)

clownfish_zps75cf5886.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: