ZephNYC

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Everything is looking great! Tanks off to a great start. WHen you're ready for Anthias let me know as I can quarantine them for you. I actually have an entire 125 quarantine tank sitting empty. I plan on getting a big batch one of these days, but im not in a hurry.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Everything is looking great! Tanks off to a great start. WHen you're ready for Anthias let me know as I can quarantine them for you. I actually have an entire 125 quarantine tank sitting empty. I plan on getting a big batch one of these days, but im not in a hurry.

I might just take you up on that. I'd like to QT myself, but I think if I set up another tank for that I'll get murdered by the lady :) I DEFINITELY want to QT the yellow tang (though i'm holding off a while for that)... i suppose I should be a good boy and QT the Anthias too. We'll have to talk. I want to replace my royal gramma soon. I miss his funky color.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Here's a couple pictures. Sorry for the lack of updates. Planning a wedding, dealing with a family drama and keeping up with the tank are making for a crazy jedi.

I've been dealing with a brownish green hairy algae bloom. I'm chalking it up to new tank syndrome and taking my GFO reactor offline. They correlate EXACTLY. So I've turned the reactor back on, this time with Seachem Phosguard though...I've heard from the clam experts - aka Zeph - that Phosguard is much nicer to clams. Also seen a lot of stories about GFO murdering big maximas...so...yeah.

Been collecting a lot of SPS lately. Diver's Den, Cherry Corals, Unique Corals, Manhattan Aquariums, Dr. Mac/Pacfic East ... I need to make a list. Also a few Acan Lords and yes...clams!

bigblue-4-13-2015_zps6f856975.jpg

bigblue-4-13-2015-2_zps62d84c6d.jpg

cbb-4-15-2013_zpsb446d2b9.jpg

rastas-4-15-2013_zpseec577a0.jpg

greendigi-4-15-2013_zps45c2fb8d.jpg

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Here's some more pictures. I'm starting to learn a little more about the Canon T4i... These are all taken near the end of the night under dim-ish light.

Just got this frag from Cherry Corals last week. Haven't mounted it yet. Forest Fire Digitata. I had one a while back, but it didn't live.

forrestfiredigi-4-16-2013_zpsf1f39e1f.jpg

This is my Dr. Mac Maxima after about... 6 weeks or so is it Zeph?

drmaxima-4-16-2013_zps663a047e.jpg

Miami Hurricane, I believe a legit Tyree piece. This is about a year old. It started as just the rectangle nub in the center with 3 or 4 eyes. Now it's about as big around as a baseball. New baby royal gramma in the background.

Thanks to Javier for selling me this last year :)

miamihurricane-4-16-2013_zpsbb0694ff.jpg

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
That is the biggest clam I have ever seen in a home tank. HOLY COW!!!
I've only seen bigger ones when I went snorkeling in Tahiti.

If you mean Zephy's big Gigas... I think Bertha clocks in at nearly 3 feet now. She's so big a couple clownfish live IN HER. Yeah. That big.

How are the chalices doing under the Maxspect razors?

I've had the Miami Hurricane for over a year and it's always done well. Growth has continued under the new lights, it might have actually accelerated a bit, but that could just be the sand not being on it as much.

The other chalices are new, so it's hard to tell.

Everyone has good color though, that's for sure.

Really nice tank. I like the aquascape. How do you like the Canon T4i? I am looking for a new camera.

Thanks. I agonized over the scape for about a month.

The T4i is pretty cool. I know next to nothing about photography so I'm trying to learn. It doesn't help that aquarium photography is kinda hard. The pictures above are my first attempt shooting raw mode and then basically just tweaking the white balance and that's it.

In the hands of someone who knows what they are doing, the T4i would be awesome. As it is, it's easy to take gorgeous auto-mode pictures. Also the touch screen LCD is pretty freaking cool.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Been neglecting posting for a while, I was busy getting married. LOL

Here's a picture dump. Lots of changes lately, some good, a few not good, but that's not too surprising. The best news is that I *think* I've murdered off the brown slime algae, finally. Fingers staying crossed.

My clownfish host in my pink palythoas now. It's rather entertaining...especially when a turbo snail decides to walk over the palys. Mama clownfish gets VERY upset.

Glass was dirty when I took some of these, sorry!

clowns_hosting4_zps8f1d785b.jpg

clowns_hosting2_zps26738c51.jpg

clowns_hosting1_zpsfae973d4.jpg

clowns21_zps7a510c70.jpg

Coral shot

green_birdsnest1_zps7e679e5f.jpg

Diamond Watchman Goby on one of the rare occasions he's not digging.

watchman1_zps129eac0a.jpg

2 of my anthias. These are Dispar from Indonesia.

indo_dispar_anthias2_zps10eadcae.jpg

More coming later, I have to process some raw files.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: