taphil

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Took some more pics...

tank-47.jpg

CC Blue Rhino on the left. It was fairly bland and unlike their store pics when received, but colored up real nice after a few months and now looks exactly like their pics. Utter Chaos on the right.

tank-48.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake and ORA Ant Insignis in the back. Fruit Loops on the right.

tank-49.jpg

Blue Agave

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jaw dropping amazing... Great job, I am starting a 28g custom namo for my three kids and I and will love to someday achieve a portion of what I see in your tank? by the way lovely pair of clowns?that RBTA is behaving from what I see.

Raul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Did you put on the plastic splash guard the MH comes with? This tanks is the best nano I have ever seen

First I took out all the stock components (reflector, sockets, fans, moonlight LEDs, control board, power cords). I used wire cutters and a welding iron to cut/melt away most of the left and right sides of the housing for the MH. Once the sides are removed, the Radion fits perfectly in between the fan cutouts (ie I didn't have to cut away the round plastic circle cutouts for the cooling fans in order for the Radion to fit). Of note, this leaves intact the possibility of screwing back in the stock cooling fans and using them for additional airflow across the tank for cooling (of course you would need to rewire the fans and provide a power supply).

Then I aligned the Radion in the center of the hood, and looking from the top of the hood marked the location of the mounting screws. I used a drill and make holes for the screws, and screwed the Radion to the hood using the included screws.

I routed the power cord through the hood's stock holes for the power cables. To hold the cables in place, I used the original screw sockets and screws to tie string between the screws and the power cable. I used to also keep the USB cable plugged into the Radion, and run the USB cable from the left side of the Radion along the backside of the hood to the right and out the stock holes with the power cable. The other end of the USB cable that plugs into computer was always dangling down and easily accessible to plug into a laptop.

hood2.jpg

hood1.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: