Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
You're gonna love the dimensions. I have a 270 gallon for over 10 years with similar dimensions, just one inch shorter in height. What type of overflow and return pumps are you planning on using? Fish room in the basement is a great idea. Best of luck with the build Mike. Will follow along.

mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
You're gonna love the dimensions. I have a 270 gallon for over 10 years with similar dimensions, just one inch shorter in height. What type of overflow and return pumps are you planning on using? Fish room in the basement is a great idea. Best of luck with the build Mike. Will follow along.
Special acrylic overflow box, new on the market:) Pic to follow.
So far i am planning to use two hammerheads , also thinking on DC pumps but unfortunately they only in sump option.. they do leak :(

Adamc1303

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Special acrylic overflow box, new on the market:) Pic to follow.
So far i am planning to use two hammerheads , also thinking on DC pumps but unfortunately they only in sump option.. they do leak :(

Mike RLSS makes a gasket for when you run the pump externally. I have been using the dc pump for 6 months without any issues. I have the biggest one for my manifold. It runs super quiet, cool and very energy efficient. You don't have to run it in sump. Aquarium Specialty has the gasket.

mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
Did you move?? Didn't you live on the third floor?

Awesome looking stand, are you going hood less on this tank? I planned on doing hoodless on my new 225G but the wife is complaining about all the light spilled in the room and skylight right above it. Might have to change that on my tank.
I didnt move yet... wanna complete constraction first. No hood for me:) will use 4 Mitras for my lighting.. My first LED, see how this goes..

mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
Mike RLSS makes a gasket for when you run the pump externally. I have been using the dc pump for 6 months without any issues. I have the biggest one for my manifold. It runs super quiet, cool and very energy efficient. You don't have to run it in sump. Aquarium Specialty has the gasket.
Ive heard that gasket can not hold the pressure for long time and wil lleak eventually. hopefully not in ur case...

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
I didnt move yet... wanna complete constraction first. No hood for me:) will use 4 Mitras for my lighting.. My first LED, see how this goes..

Leds I see I guess one dosent know how they will like until they try it I will say this your tank was one of the few that I enjoyed viewing under mh lighting. Ill have to stop by and check out the new setup once you are settled into your new home. I too will be giving leds a try but with a combination of 4t'5 bulbs to tag along

gino555

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hi Mike! I think we are in the same boat now. A`am also building the new set up. But yours bigger on 70 gal. Nice tank and beautifull stand. If u need any help lmk. Yes and forgot... PIC.PIC.PIC more. I know before u build something u planning double.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: