Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Awesome tank man, good luck with everything. I used to carbon dose but stopped as I ran I to a few problems. Probably a mistake on my part and overdosing I'm sure. I won't carbon dose again, that's for sure but it seems that it's working for your tank. Would like to see your tank one day. Amazing!

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
as someone who has used several sources for carbon dosing i will say it works and works very well depending on what your trying to achieve with doing it.

For mikec who are you getting your info from ?

i would happily point you in the directions of someone who has been using a carbon source for almost a decade, and would say he is one of the reefers who helped the hobby get to where it is.
The same can be said for a tank that doesnt dose or does dose, you will eventually run down to certain bacteria's within the tank that have taken the dominate stand, hence old tank syndrone, which i buy into but only partially depending on how the tank is run and taken care of and what all is used.

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
as someone who has used several sources for carbon dosing i will say it works and works very well depending on what your trying to achieve with doing it.

For mikec who are you getting your info from ?

i would happily point you in the directions of someone who has been using a carbon source for almost a decade, and would say he is one of the reefers who helped the hobby get to where it is.
The same can be said for a tank that doesnt dose or does dose, you will eventually run down to certain bacteria's within the tank that have taken the dominate stand, hence old tank syndrone, which i buy into but only partially depending on how the tank is run and taken care of and what all is used.

Doesn't work for every tank which I think I expressed ?
Im sure I can point you to manny more people who messed up their tanks carbon dosing but what does that prove?
Paul B has had a DSB and a under gravel filter for the last 40 years but you don't see people suggesting to still use them?
You seem confrontational sorry if you feel I gave out some wrong info are you the resident reef answer guy?

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Im sure I can point you to manny more people who messed up their tanks carbon dosing but what does that prove
and i can point you in the direction with as many that have been very successful

are you the resident reef answer guy
with almost ten years in the hobby ive learnt a few things first hand, the web has alot of useful info and alot of half info and not so truthful reasons and like to think my tanks over the years speak for themselves, all my tanks were grown out from frags, not stocked with colonies for the instant gratification of a reef
You seem confrontational
not confrontational, but as someone who has done alot of different carbon dosing i know the benifits and down sides, alot of people who had issues couldnt truelly tell you why they had the issue, or the real reason for carbon dosing. as some of my threads in reguards to carbon dosing i always express that i do not suggest it to people, or give alot of info, i will explain what i have done and how i did it, but the amount and type can vary with what you use and the goal you are after. One of the biggest issues with carbon dosing is people dont really follow directions and try to rush it or use the wrong equiptment, here are two threads in reguards to it.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/advanced-reefs/114966-trying-different-carbon-methods.html

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/chemistry/97391-bio-pellet-usuage.html

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
24y2w4y.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: