ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
I'll get a better vid soon, in the vid do to the ai LEDs you can't appreciate the SOS color at all..(is there a video setting to film and not have the led wash out the corals?)

I was havin a tough time after sandy.. To make a long story short I now carbon dose.. It's the BEST thing I have ever done.. I feed heavy, no phosphates, and a lot of polyp extension in my Sps. All my Lps are super plump as well.. I just have to hide the wires, get the bottom done, and add some more!
I'm happy to have come back 10x better once again, carbon dosing is amazing and very simple for me..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh9bUNw1HBs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my iPhone

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Nice!! Any aggression between the tangs?

Thanks guys, I put them in the tank in a specific order tryin to make the Achilles the last fish.. After I added the Achilles I decided to get the dussi and Vlagimi.. The Achilles beat up the Vlagimi tang daily to the point where I thought I had to remove him... Fortunately that stopped.. Some tangs do chase each other around, but very rarely.. They swim together nicely and u feed often.. The king of the tank is still the des sailfin.. He is an animal... The Achilles will chase the Vlagimi from time to time but soon as he grows a little more that issue will b gone...

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
absoultely stunning! the rockscape look so nice!!! How did you hold the rock up? Love the archiles tang.

Thank you! I used the reflector rods as sort of re bar.. I drilled the rocks first then stuck them in along with a lot of jb weld.. ( I researched online and the reflector rods are totally safe for reef tanks )

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Hi, nice tank. Can you explain your carbon dosing method. And what are the demensions of your tank.

Ok.. I'll try to keep this simple.. After months of only having certain corals look good and doing close to 80 gallon wc a week I knew something was off... I tried everything... My skimmer is insane, used tons of $$ gfo and vacuumed tank along with wc weekly.. My tank is 7 ft x 3 ft x 30h.. It is 400 display w an additional 250 gallons in the sump..
I could never figure out why my Lps didn't look as good as it used to, no Sps polyp extension, and some of my chalices receding... I always thought it was the light.. My parameters were perfect...
I decided to carbon dose because I was stuck and I really researched it well.. I started w one shot a day 30ml of vinegar and went up 60ml the 2nd week, then 90 the 3rd week.. I dose by hand once a day all at once.. I missed a day last week... (no big deal) I stick to about 100ml a day, once a week I may throw in another extra shot..
Within 1 week my Lps was exploding... Colors are much more vibrant, Sps shows polyps, and water looks like air... It's like watching hd..
On the forums it says I should be adding more vinegar but I feel that you just need enough for this theory to work..
I feed 3-4 times a day.. As in one large nori sheet, maybe two, flakes, and pellets 2-3 times a week..
I change 20-30 gallons of water weekly and clean my glass once a week.. I truly feel like a pro... I couldn't be happier either the results
I hope this makes sense, I'm passing out as I type! Lol

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
thanks guys, its already changed big time again.. my alk was a little on the high side.. I slowly brought it down to 10.. within one month my sps is coloring up like crazy.. no joke... Im really happy w my tank right now

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: